January 30, 2019
Bangla CM launches Krishak Bandhu scheme
Bangla Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today launched the Krishak Bandhu scheme at a public meeting in Birbhum district. She had announced this scheme on December 31, 2018. The CM handed over cheques to farmers at Rampurhat to formally start this scheme.
The finance department has already allocated Rs 4,150 crore for this scheme; out of which Rs 4,000 crore have been allocated to help the farmers in cultivation. The remaining Rs 150 crore will be given as financial assistance to the families of families of farmers in case of farmer deaths.
The finance department has sent the funds to the state co-operative banks. All farmers will start receiving the money from February 1, 2019. To distribute the benefits of this scheme, camps have been set up in 341 blocks across the State. Seventeen thousand farmers have already enrolled for this scheme.
Speaking on the occasion, the CM said:
- Today I officially launched the Krishak Bandhu scheme. Beneficiaries will receive the money from February 1.
- If any farmer, 18-60 years of age, dies, their family will receive Rs 2 lakh from the government.
- Farmers do not have to pay the premium of crop insurance. State Government pays the amount, not Centre. And they are sending letters claiming credit for the scheme. We used to pay 80% of the funds. We will pay 100% of the amount from now.
- We have waived off khajna tax on agricultural land. The mutation fees on agricultural land has been waived off too.
- We have increased farmers’ pension to Rs 1,000 from Rs 750. Number of beneficiaries has also increased from 65,000 to 1 lakh.
- We have received Krishi Karman award five years in a row.
- More than 12,000 farmers have committed suicide in the country. In Bangla, we have tripled their average annual income.