December 27, 2018
Bangla Govt enables hassle-free registration of marriages online
The Bangla Government has become the second State Government in India to enable online registration of marriages. Only the last step – signing the forms in the presence of three witnesses – has to be done offline.
The first such registration took place on December 9. The current system of marriage registration will continue till May 2019, said the registrar-general of marriage. From June, all registrations must compulsorily be done online.
He said the Law Department, under which the registration of marriage functions, has already started training marriage registrars. About 1.3 lakh marriages are registered every year in the State under the Hindu Marriage Act.
The whole process is very simple:
- Visit rgmwb.gov.in and click on the marriage registration link
- Fill up the forms; upload documents (ID and address proof, thumb impression, signature)
- Choose marriage registrar from the site
- Get SMS and mail after verifications of documents
- Pay fees online; get date of visit of marriage registrar
- Call the registrar home for physically signing documents in presence of three witnesses or visit his/her office with three witnesses
- Get two copies of marriage certificate on the spot
Source: The Times of India