April 30, 2019
Narendra Modi’s candidature should be cancelled: Mamata Banerjee in Bhadreswar
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee addressed a public meeting in Bhadreswar in Hooghly district today, which is part of the Hooghly Lok Sabha constituency.
She slammed the prime minister for his speech in Sreerampur yesterday, where he alleged that 40 Trinamool MLAs were in touch with the BJP. She said he is a shameless prime minister. She added that in Trinamool, people are dedicated and ready to shed their blood. They cannot be bought with money power.
She also demanded that the prime minister’s candidature should be cancelled because he is violating the constitution by trying to buy off people.
Highlights of her speech:
- He is a shameless prime minister. He talks about buying 40 MLAs of Trinamool. In my party, people are dedicated and ready to shed their blood. They cannot be bought with money power
- The prime minister’s candidature should be cancelled because he is violating the constitution by trying to buy off people.
- The people will give a befitting reply to the BJP through the power of their votes.
- The CPI(M)’s ‘harmads’ have joined hands with the BJP’s ‘mastans’.
- The BJP only wants to loot money and orchestrate riots
- Narendra Modi never says what he has done for the people of the country for five years. He just comes here and says that he wants to win in Bangla
- Over the last five years, he never thought of Bangla. Now just because he is losing in other States that he is coming here
- People are scared of Modi. He is the first leader who has instilled fear among the people. True leaders are loved by the people
- He is only sending income tax and ED officials to people’s homes to scare them.
- He promised to deposit Rs 15 lakh in every bank account. He promised to create 10 crore jobs in five years. He has not fulfilled any promise.
- On the other hand, 12,000 farmers committed suicide, prices of cooking gas, diesel and petrol have been increased indiscriminately. All this in the name of ‘achhe din’
- Prices of everything have increased but the value of human lives has decreased.
- I tried so hard to take over Dunlop, but the Centre didn’t allow it. We wanted to change the name of the State to Bangla, but that too wasn’t allowed.
- We have done so much developmental work for the people. And Modi has been touring foreign countries for the last four-and-a-half years
- Nearly 50,000 BSNL employees are set to lose their jobs. Jet Airways is in dire straits.
- The BJP is giving bikes and huge amounts of money for its people. It is trying to buy off people.
- Don’t vote for Modi. if he wins again, he will do away with elections.
- We perform all pujas here, and there is no ban on any festival. Modi is spreading lies.
- We believe in unity in diversity, as preached by Sri Ramakrishna. We believe in giving equal respect to every religion. We all live together here.
- They talk about 33% reservation for women. In the 16th Lok Sabha, we had 35% women MPs. This time, we have 41% women candidates, and they’ll all win.
- We vow today to defeat the BJP at the Centre. Bangla is not weak. Bangla is never scared of anyone.