April 25, 2019
Centre blocking projects for Bangla: Mamata Banerjee at Durgapur
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Durgapur. She said that the Centre is blocking projects for Bangla. She added that major factories run by Centre in Durgapur and Asansol are stagnant.
Highlights of her speech:
- Several major factories and plants in Durgapur and Asansol – Hindustan Fertilizer and other central concerns – which are run by the central government, are stagnant. If they do not help out, then who will? What will happen to the livelihood of so many people? Already employees of BSNL, Jet Airways and several other companies are helpless and crying.
- There was a proposal to end some subsidies as there were no funds. Modernisation too was hampered. But I told them not to stop. They must be done as people’s livelihood was at stake.
- We have a very good health scheme. We don’t need Ayushman Bharat (central health scheme).
- For three years, the Tajpur port project for Bangla is lying idle after its MoU was signed. This is very sad. In this, 74% share was the centre’s and 26% was ours. But it is not being done.
- So many projects for the State not being done by the Centre. They are even holding up the name change of the State to Bangla.
- They (Modi) are just touring the world all the time and coming here only during polls.
- What have they done? People are losing jobs because of demonetisation.
- They want to implement NRC. We welcome people from all states working here, unlike other states where people are sent back
- NRC has been a disaster, creating confusion. Even if we have limited resources, we will share it with our countrymen.
- They say pujas are not allowed in Bangla. Tell me, is that true? Such big liars they are. They spread false information and misleading information.
- Every festival is celebrated here. Only Modi and BJP don’t do anything here. They roam around the streets with swords and maces.
- During droughts and floods, or when people are in distress, tomar dekha nai re, tomar dekha nai . Just because elections are around, now you remember about Bangla. But Bangla will give you only ladoo.
- He declared notes invalid. Now people will declare his government as invalid.
- What has he done except bring about disaster for the country? On the other hand, see the developmental initiatives our government has taken for the people, so many schemes in every sphere.
- And he uses the Hindu card! How dare he do so? On what basis? What does he know of Hinduism? They just wear saffron and brandish swords and impose things on the people.
- Unlike them, we respect not just Hinduism but all religions, be it Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism.
- They spread false messages and pit one community against the other, one family against the other. They are experts in divisiveness. We do not want such a leader