March 2, 2015
WB CM inaugurates Peace World
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee today inaugurated the Peace World at Topsia Hindu Burial Ground organized by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Set up in the model of the existing Peace Heaven, the Peace World will be totally supervised by the Government and is capable of persevering 24 bodies after death.
A waiting room for the bereaved families, has also been set up in the premises.
State Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Subrata Mukherjee, Fire and Emergency Services Minister Javed Ahmed Khan and Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim will be present on the occasion besides Kolkata’s Mayor Sovan Chatterjee.
Highlights of the speech:
- I will ask the KMC to beautify the sides of the Hindu Burial Ground by planting flowers
- We are taking steps to clear this place from traffic congestion
- KMC completed the necessary works here at the Hindu Burial Ground within 6 months. These are results, not just promises
- We are doing everything after discussions. Many things were in lackluster state. We are completing
- We allotted Rs 30 Cr for Bantala to finish the Leather Complex. There is leather industry besides IT industry, pollution is absent
- Drinking Water Supply system for Jadavpur, Tangra, Dhapa is now in place, same has been done in Chetla, Behala and Joka
- We thought of making an alternative for Peace Heaven, which is a private concern, some time ago. We needed one more space
- KMC had done numerous works for burial ground and burning ghats in all round the city
- I named this place as Peace World. I wish eternal peace for those who passed away
- This was a very necessary service. No other Corporation thought of this
- We beautified Kolkata river front, gave shape to Kolkata Eye, set up the Eco Tourism Park, restored Town Hall
- Kolkata is now a Clean City. It is cleaned three times a day
- Water logging used to be a big problem. After this Corporation came, the logged water is removed within hours
- I thank the Nadia administration for setting up the Chaitanya Bhavan at Nabadwip
- Nadia district has also received awards for developmental works
- Developmental projects need money. Money is being taken away by the Central Govt
- We are not asking the Center to give money, we are asking to stop taking away money from us
- The so called ‘package’ is a bluff. We used to get 61.8%. That is being raised to 62%
- Development never ends. Be positive and look around to see the positive things
- There will much more works by the KMC. Among the non-planned cities in the world, I consider Kolkata to be number 1
- I urge all to maintain peace during Holi