March 9, 2015
There is a flood of development all around the State: WB CM
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee yesterday inaugurated the much awaited flyover connecting VIP Road, Kestopur and Joramandir. This flyover will ease the traffic towards the Airport and the travelling time will cut down considerably. The four lane flyover is 2 km long, 200 mtr broad and built with a cost of Rs 313 crore. For the convenience of the people four subways have also been built under the flyover.
Speaking on the inauguration ceremony, the Chief Minister pointed out the development and beautification work done Government all around the state. These projects are generating work for the people here.
Highlights of the Chief Minister’s speech:
• The city roads are now flooded with new buses, taxis
• New bus stands with sitting places have also been built
• There has been an increase in number of ‘Pay and Use toilets’
• The Andal Airport will start operating from 14 March, 2015
• Despite the Centre deducting over Rs one crore as interest, we are number one in 100 days work, MSME, Small Savings Schemes.
• In Kanyashree we are number one in the world despite all the monetary restrictions faced by the state
• Eco Tourism Park is a big attraction for visitors all around the world. The wax museum is one of its kind after Madame Tussauds
• The development and beautification work done from VIP Road, Rajarhat, Bidhannagar and Kolkata city are being appreciated all around
• We are building education hub