December 3, 2018
BJP will be reduced to zero at Centre: Mamata Banerjee at Keshiary
Bangla Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Kehsiary in Paschim Medinipur district. She inaugurated and laid the foundation stones of several projects in the district.
The CM also distributed several government benefits on the occasion.
Highlights of her speech:
- This is not my first visit to Keshiary. It was your old demand to connect Nayagram with Keshiary. It was unfulfilled for 70 years since independence. However, our government has connected Nayagram and Keshiary via Jungle Kanya bridge.
- We have set up 20 Karma Tirthas in Paschim Medinipur district. New colleges have come up. Number of beds in hospital has been increased. New ITIs, polytechnics, bridges, roads have been constructed.
- We have started a pension scheme for kendu leaf collectors. The procurement price of kendu leaves has been more than doubled.
- More than 2 lakh folk artistes have been registered under Lok Prasar Prakalpa. They get monthly stipend of Rs 1,000 and also perform at government functions.
- People receive rice at Rs 2/kg. People now have access to two square meals a day. We also give a sapling to the parents of newborns.
- Girls receive Kanyashree scholarship. The amount has been increased from Rs 750 to Rs 1000. We have extended the scheme to university girls also. All girls have been brought under the scheme now.
- We also provide Rs 25,000 to poor families for their daughter’s marriage.
- We have renovated crematoriums, burial grounds. We have also renovated more than 300 ‘Jahar Than’ for Adivasi brothers and sisters.
- Did you get healthcare for free at government hospitals in the past? We have started providing beds and medicines for free. We have set up fair price medicine shops and diagnostic centres also.
- Paschim Medinipur district suffers due to floods. We have spent Rs 600 crore for flood prevention. We have asked the Centre multiple times to implement Ghatal Master Plan. But they haven’t done anything. Politics has taken a precedent for them.
- You have elected a party in some Gram Sabhas. You do not know how dangerous they are. They will exploit you and will not do any work.They are changing names of historical places. From RBI to the CBI, all institutions have lost their credibility. They are putting BJP’s party stamp on everything. This is unprecedented.
- They are creating divisions between Hindus, Muslims, Adivasis. We have renovated Kanakdurga Mandir, Dakshineswhar, Kalighat as well as Tarapith. We have also done renovations for graveyards and also set up Mother’s Wax Museum.
- We respect all religions equally. We work for people irrespective of their religious belief.
- They believe in destructive and divisive politics. After they came to power, one poor panwala was murdered. We gave a job to his son and stood by the family.
- Today while coming to this meeting, they beat up one of our workers. It is good to be confident but over-confidence is not good. You have committed a mistake by attacking Trinamool.
- We do not subscribe to your destructive politics. Law will take its own course. We will not be intimidated by the Centre. BJP will be reduced to zero soon.
- We have uprooted the CPI(M) in the past. We will do the same to BJP. This is our pledge.
- Some leaders from Delhi come here, like seasonal birds, to ignite tension. We are with people all the year round.
- Ramchandra had fought and killed Ravan. We will also kill Ravan in this political battle. We are ready.
- From Khadya Sathi to Sabuj Sathi, Siksha Shree to Sabuj Shree, roads to hospitals, scholarships to healthcare – it is the State Government which works for the people.
- We respect the sadhus of Gangasagar and the monks of Ramakrishna Mission. We do not respect the BJP. Their rath yatra is actually Ravan Yatra.
- We appointed parateachers to teach Ol Chiki language in schools. We developed a dictionary in Ol Chiki. Nobody did this in 70 years.
- They take away the land of Adivasis in Jharkhand. In Bangla, we have passed a law to prevent the land of Adivasis being forcibly taken away.
- Dr BR Ambedkar was the father of Indian Constitution. He supported federal structure. But the Centre is destroying the Constitution.
- The economy has been ravaged by demonetisation.
- They are threatening to send people away from India in the name of NRC. We will not allow that.
- We provide soft loan of Rs 10 lakh to Adivasi students to pursue higher education in India (and Rs 20 lakh for abroad).
- Girls are not the burden on family. They are our pride. They will make us proud one day. Kanyashree girls will become Biswa Shree.
- Do not bow your heads before anyone.
- Vidyasagar, Khudiram, Prafulla Chaki, Matangini Hazra belonged to Medinipur. They have been at the forefront of the freedom struggle. People of Medinipur will also uproot BJP from the Centre.
- They do not believe in Gandhiji’s ideals. They do not respect Netaji, Swami Vivekananda or Rabindranath Tagore.
- Just before elections, they are taking out a Ravan Yatra. They are misusing names of our icons for the same. Don’t they have any shame? Have they ever done anything for keeping their legacy alive?
- Keep your trust intact on us. Continue to support us.
- They cannot manage Jharkhand and are bringing outsiders here to stoke violence and tension. We will take necessary action.
- We will continue to work for the people. Trinamool has no existence without people’s support.
- We are procuring paddy at Rs 1,750 this year. We are always with the farmers. Whenever they have suffered due to floods, we have stood by their side.
- Nearly 10,000 people have received direct benefits at today’s function. We will continue to serve people.
- I want by Kanyshree girls and Sabuj Sathi students to shine globally.