August 20, 2018
Remarkable progress in MSME sector in seven years
The Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises and Textiles (MSME) Department has made remarkable progress in the last seven years.
In every aspect, the department has shown remarkable progress, also when compared to the period of the tenure of Left Front Government.
- Average bank credit flow per year: More than 3 times increase, from Rs 7,302 crore from 2004-11 to Rs 24,272 crore from 2011-18
- Increase in MSME clusters: Almost 9 times increase, from 49 in 2011 to 430 in 2017
- Increase in market outlets/haats: Unprecedented growth, from zero in 2011 to 27 in 2017
- Average additional person-days created per year in handloom sector: 16 times increase, from 4.75 lakh from 2004-11 to 76 lakh from 2011-18
- Average MSMEs registered per year: More than 2 times increase, from 12,192 from 2004-11 to 28,008 from 2011-18
- MSMEs have been doing very well in Bangla which has been appreciated through awards by the Central Government too.Bengal has the highest number of MSMEs in the country currently, with 52,69,814 units or 11.62 per cent of the overall number in the country. The total amount of loans extended to medium enterprises during the 2016-17 fiscal was Rs 5,851 crore.