December 23, 2014
WB CM inaugurates Jai Hind Water Supply Plant, which will supply 30 million gallons of water
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee inaugurated the revamped aquatic park Captain Bhery and the Jai Hind Water Supply Plant at Dhapa.
The Captain Bhery project includes a musical fountain and rock garden, Lilly pool, guppy fish exhibition zone, fish hatchery exhibition zone, exhibition zones of nearly extinct indigenous fish species, bird exhibits, wall aquarium, cafeteria, modern car parking amenities, attractive models, children’s play area, seats by the water body, lighting and picnic spots for rent.
Highlights of WB CM’s speech:
- The Dhapa water supply plant is named Jai Hind after the famous slogan by Netaji.
- This is historic. A new precedent has been set. This plant will supply 30 million gallons of water.
- In the next 15-20 days people living around EM Bypass will get water supply. From Beleghata till Patuli, Anandapur – people will get water supply now.
- We have not imposed any tax on water. Water is life.
- Loadsheddings have stopped. There are power cuts due to other reasons, we will resolve those issues.
- WB Government is now banking power. In a few years we will sell power to other States.
- NTPC is setting up a power unit at Katwa. Four hydel projects are coming up in north Bengal. A project has started at Raghunathpur.
- Bangla abar jagat sobhay srestho ason lobe – This is the concept behind Biswa Bangla. The road from Dumdum airport till Garia will be known as Biswa Bangla Sarani.
- We have set up an eco-tourism park at Captain Bhery.
- I do not take any credit. Credit goes to people. I work for the people. I work for the society.
- This (Dhapa/EM Bypass/Science City area) is a very important area. A police outpost must come up here.
- My advance New Year greetings to you all. Stay well, stay safe.