December 12, 2014
I dare the Prime Minister and BJP leadership to arrest me: Mamata Banerjee
Trinamool Chairperson and West Bengal Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee addressed a press conference today.
She dared the PM to arrest her. Saying that Trinamool will counter the BJP politically, she added that BJP will bite the dust in upcoming elections.
Highlights of her speech:
- Within few hours of being called for interrogation, Madan was arrested. Isn’t this political vendetta?
- Few days ago, a BJP leader held a rally in Kolkata. He gave the sequence of arrests. CBI is acting as per that sequence.
- After coming to power, we never arrested anyone based on political vendetta. Despite the atrocities committed by CPM for 34 years, we did not arrest them.
- BJP is misusing power at Centre.
- There is a company in Delhi, located near Finance Ministry, which has misappropriated funds worth thousands of crores.
- Are Sourav and Sachin criminals for playing under Sahara sponsorship?
- Several media houses took advertisement from chit funds. Has any action been taken against them?
- We go to several programmes and events. Do we always enquire which company is sponsoring it?
- What CBI has done is wrong. It is illegal, unconstitutional.
- They have arrested a Minister without informing the Government or Speaker. Bad precedent has been set.
- BJP is destroying the federal structure of Constitution.
- One Union Minister wants to make Gita the National Holy Book. India is a secular country. Constitution is the Holy Book. There are so many reports of conversions. What is their priority?
- They are crossing their jurisdiction. BJP party cadre and Central Government are crossing all limits.
- Few days ago at a rally, BJP raised the slogan “Bhaag Mamata Bhaag”. Should we say “Bhaag BJP Bhaag from India”?
What is the Centre doing about Black Money?
- A man who has himself been arrested and charge sheeted by CBI are pointing fingers at us.
- Where is so much money coming from to sponsor the foreign trips of Prime Minister?
- This is a conspiracy to attack democracy. Central Government is trying to finish off democracy in India.
- I dare the Prime Minister and BJP Leadership to arrest me.
- Centre is attacking Bengal. Centre is defaming Bengal’s culture.
- We will protest against the Centre in Bengal and Delhi. We will protest in Parliament. The Central Government is acting like cowards.
- All people of Bengal are my assets. If Centre arrests even one person illegally, I will protest.
- They are trying to incite riots in Bengal. Central Government is run by RSS.
- BJP cannot take the Nation for granted. They got only 31% votes. They cannot sell off the country.
- This is a dangerous and disastrous game. This is undemocratic, unethical and unconstitutional.
- The Centre is behaving like an autocrat.
- Trinamool Congress will hit the streets from tomorrow in protests.
- We will not tolerate any plans to insult the soil of Bengal.
- My government condemns the arrest of Madan Mitra in the strictest of terms.
- I will go to SSKM hospital to meet Madan Mitra. I dare Narendra Modi and Amit Shah to arrest me.
- A new battle has begun. We accept your challenge. BJP will bite the dust in upcoming elections.
- We do not seek power. We are ready to support any party which wants to fight against BJP.
- The situation in India is like Emergency now.
- Madan had submitted a resignation letter before going to CBI office. But I have not accepted it. He continues as Transport Minister.
- So many leaders of CPM have been seen with owners of chit funds. Should we arrest them?
- Agenda of governance will not be affected by politics.