December 12, 2014
BJP doing vendetta politics, arrest politically motivated: TMC
Statement by Subrata Mukherjee:
- Even before Amit Shah came to Kolkata, it was decided CBI would arrest Madan Mitra.
- This arrest is politically motivated. BJP is doing politics of vindictiveness.
- How can the Government and Assembly Speaker be kept in dark before arresting a Cabinet Minister.
- We are exploring all options. We may bring a Privilege Motion.
- We will counter BJP’s politics of vindictiveness politically. We will rock Parliament if necessary.
Statement by Partha Chatterjee:
- We will organise a rally tomorrow at 1 PM at the base of Gostha Pal statue at Maidan with all sportspersons.