September 10, 2018
15 things Abhishek Banerjee said at Digital Media Conclave
The social media cell of All India Trinamool Congress today organised a digital media conclave at Nazrul Mancha, Kolkata. The keynote speaker was Abhishek Banerjee, the National President of All India Trinamool Youth Congress and MP of Diamond Harbour.
Also, the AITC General Secretary Subrata Bakshi, MP Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar, Colonel Diptansu Chowdhury, Suparno Moitra also spoke on the occasion.
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee addressed the gathering over phone.
Highlights of Abhishek Banerjee’s speech:
1. Today is a historic day. Some political parties have called Bharat Bandh today. People were anxious whether the Digital Conclave will be held today. I am happy to see participants here, not only from Kolkata and suburbs but all over Bengal.
2. We support the cause (rising fuel prices). But Mamata Banerjee has taken a stand against bandh, which only leads to an unproductive day. In fact, today the number of vehicles plying on the roads is higher than on normal days.
3. People have given a positive response to Mamata Banerjee’s call for keeping Bengal running on bandh day. During the Left Front era, 80 lakh mandays were lost due to bandhs, not anymore.
4. Our workers are working tirelessly, both on ground, as well as on social media. BJP spends crores on social media. We have dedicated supporters who voluntarily spread the party’s message on digital platforms.
5. We have organised smaller conclaves in the past. We are planning to organise a full-fledged convention at Netaji Indoor Stadium. I will personally request Mamata Banerjee to address that convention.
6. We have to fight unitedly. There should not be any fights between different supporter groups. We are all working for the party. We have only one leader – Mamata Banerjee.
7. We are no longer dependent on the mainstream media for spreading our message. Our workers are our assets. They help us in spreading the word about various developmental programmes on social media.
8. The BJP, CPI(M) and Congress have become one. They do not believe in ethical politics. Just to form a panchayat board in Baghmundi, they joined hands.
9. The fight is between a humane government (in Bengal) and a demonic government (at Centre). They talk about Babri, we talk about chakri (jobs). They talk about jaat (caste), we talk about bhaat (food). They talk about danga (riots), we work for keeping our State chaanga (in good health).
10. The Opposition has the habit of politicising every incident. They do not think about human sensitivities. The sick politics over Majerhat flyover collapse could not wait for 3-4 days?
11. Even during Posta flyover tragedy, what did Modi say? He said it was an act of God. What did Didi do after pandal broke at the PM’s rally? She visited the injured at hospital.
12. The prices of petrol and diesel are rising. The value of rupee is falling. They are competing, who will hit the century first. The price of dollar has increased 40% in 4 years. Common people are suffering due to inflation.
13. Not a single media house is discussing these issues. Because they know if they open their mouth, the agencies like ED and CBI will hound them.
14. The BJP believes in politics of polarisation while we talk of development. They accuse Mamata Banerjee of minority appeasement. What appeasement? The imam bhata is given from Waqf fund, which is the money of Muslims. Tax payers’ money is not used for this purpose. On the other hands, everyone benefits from her schemes like Kanyashree, Yuvashree, Sabuj Sathi, Gatidhara and others.
15. They even want to dictate what one will wear, what one will eat, what one will read or what one will watch. We have to follow the directions given by our leader Mamata Banerjee, and work unitedly to defeat the communal forces in 2019.