March 7, 2019
Yuvashree 2 Arpan: Giving a new direction to Bangla’s youth
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee yesterday inaugurated a new scheme for Bangla’s youths – ‘Yuvashree Arpan’, officially ‘Yuvashree 2 Arpan’.
The highly successful Yuvashree Scheme was launched in 2013 as a grant of Rs 1,500 per month for 1 lakh unemployed youths registered in the Employment Bank, based on certain criteria. It is administered by the Labour Department.
Now, Yuvashree Arpan has been launched, for opening up self-employment opportunities for the State’s youth. It will be administered by Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises and Textiles (MSME&T) Department.
Through this scheme, every year, the government will provide financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh to 50,000 youths for taking up any self-employment project.
Features of Yuvashree Arpan:
- Age 18 to 45 years
- Minimum educational qualification: Class 8 passed
- Annual family income of less than Rs 8 lakh per annum
- Preference to those registered with the Employment Bank or having received vocational training from an ITI or such institution
- 50,000 youths per annum to be selected by the MSME&T Department
- Every beneficiary to be given financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh
- Any self-employment project, be it in manufacturing, services and trading, is eligible for assistance