June 16, 2014
Politics of violence will not be tolerated in the State: WB CM
Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjeecondemned the brutal killing of the CEO of North Brook jute mill and said thatshe has asked the district administration to take severe action against thosewho killed the CEO and also against those who “instigated” them to committhe crime.
On the instructions of the Chief Minister,state Industry Minister Dr Amit Mitra called upon the family of Mr. Maheswariand promised all supports from the Government.
Here is what the Chief Minister said:
- I have inquired into the incident from policeand local sources. It is very unfortunate. I heard that the members of theunions of the CPI-M and the BJP assembled at the jute mill with their demandsand CEO H K Maheswari came out to hear them when he was beaten up mercilessly.On way to hospital he succumbed to his injuries.
- I got reports that the CITU and BMS activistsgathered at the spot and unleashed terror. There was hardly any presence ofINTTUC there.
- Within a month the Centre has sent two teamsand are trying to give a political colour to any family feud or property dispute.The Centre should do their work. They should not interfere in the work ofBengal Govt.
- The politics of violence will not betolerated in Bengal. The Opposition is trying to create an atmosphere of terrorin Bengal.
- Our courtesy should not be misinterpretedas weakness.