December 28, 2015
WB CM launches Sabuj Sathi scheme for South 24 Parganas
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee today launched the Sabuj Sathi project for the South 24 Parganas from Mathurapur Circus Ground.
The Chief Minister today inaugurated numerous projects ranging from a CCU in Canning Hospital, new building of primary health centre, new building of Kulpi Rural hospital, a 1.5 Tesla MRI Diagnostic Centre at MR Bangur Hospital, hostels for boys and girls, road projects, government buildings, bus routes and many such projects.
The Chief Minister laid foundation stones for numerous projects like drinking water supply, Karma Tirtha, model schools and hostels, market complex, road projects and many such developmental works.
The Chief Minister also distributed grants, scholarships and benefits including Kanyashree, Sikshashree, Anandadhara, land pattas besides giving out cycles to students under Sabuj Sathi.
Highlights of her speech:
- 5000 Sabuj Sathi cycles will be given today & more than 1 lakh in January.
- We will give 40 lakh cycles under the Sabuj Sathi scheme.
- The performance of our Govt is 100% in South 24 Prgs, we have achieved success in patta distribution & Kanyashree.
- We have 31 lakh girls under Kanyashree, 16 lakh students under Shikshashree & 40 lakh students under Sabuj Sathi.
- We did extremely well in S 24 Prgs in providing free health service & free treatment.
- Deep sea port is being set up at Gangasagar at a cost of Rs 42,000 cr.
- The entire economic scenario of the district will change soon due to the new tourist destinations being set up.
- We have set up a women’s university & a medical college in the district.
- Krishak bazars at Baruipur are operational, 126 Anganwadi centers have been set up as well.
- Kakdwip, Metiaburz & Baruipur will soon get multi-speciality hospitals, to be inaugurated in January.
- We have set up a designated minority bhawan to look into the matters that concern the minority communities.
- Mobile healthcare centers for Sagar, CCU units & 5 new ITIs are now operational in this district.
- We have made sure that each and every person affected by Aila has been given due compensation.
- What Bengal has done, no other state has achieved.
- 8 fair-price medicine shops are now operational.
- I instruct all the authorities of this district to prepare well for Ganga Sagar mela that is coming up. We will be there to help.
- We have lifted the tax that was collected to visit Ganga Sagar mela, we instituted insurance for the pilgrims.
- 21 Karma Tirthas, offering 30% subsidies have been set up for the youth of backward classes.
- 17% OBC reservation has been instituted by our Govt without touching the general category. This is a huge achievement.
- 84 lakh students of the minority community have received scholarships.
- From 27th Jan, people of backward classes will get rice & wheat at Rs2 per kg.
- 17 new bus routes have been started to make travel easier for the people of this district.
- Sunderban will soon become a separate district, this will help in better administration.
- We are helping out the folk artists, they are being given opportunities in Govt events.
- We are working extensively on drinking water & road development projects.
- We do not just speak of development but show it in action. The development speaks for itself.
- Gross Value-Added growth in 2014-15 of WB was 10.48% as compared to 7.5% nationally.
- I have visited every single district of Bengal personally because I believe that to work I must go to the people.
- Tomorrow I will be holding meetings in North and South Dinajpur.
- In 2016 we will focus on the skill development of the students.
- Do not give in to provocations to damage the harmony of our state.
- We will observe Swami Vivekanada’s birth anniversary from Jan 10-12 in every block.
- Netaj’s birth anniversary will be observed from Jan 20-23 in every block.