December 1, 2015
Bengal is progressing despite financial problems: WB CM at Bardhaman
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, on a visit to Bardhaman district today, today flagged off the Sabuj Sathi scheme for the district.
She addressed a public meeting at Mangalkote, where she inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for a bouquet of projects.
The projects WB CM inaugurated today include road projects, water supply projects, several health care projects, new buses for the districts, Pather Sathi motels, bridges, hostels for boys and girls.
The West Bengal Chief Minister laid the foundation stones for road and irrigation projects, renovation of administrative buildings, minority hostels, power sub-stations among other things.
The CM also distributed several services including Kanyashree, Yuvashree, Sikshashree, equipment to fishermen, Kisan and artisan credit cards, different agricultural machineries and equipment, pattas, financial assistance for natural disasters and a host of other such services.
Highlights of her speech:
- I extend my greetings to one and all. Hope you had a good month full of festivities.
- We had conducted our 100th administrative meeting in Bardhaman. I am happy to be back in this district.
- We have inaugurated 45 new projects today and laid the foundation stones for 34 more projects.
- We have launched the ‘Sabuj Sathi’ scheme in Bardhaman district today. Sabuj signifies the youth.
- In 2011 we were democratically elected to office by people. We have not got financial independence.
- CPM incurred huge debt. The Centre is taking away a large share of our revenue to pay for the installments.
- We are planning to bifurcate Bardhaman district. The procedure will be complete by Durga Puja next year.
- We are setting up 41 multi super speciality hospitals across the State. This will benefit the people to a large extent.
- Most number of fair price medicine shops have been set up in Bardhaman district.
- Fair price diagnostic centres have come up in Bardhaman and Asansol. CCUs have been set up in Asansol, Durgapur & Bardhaman.
- 19 Krishak Bazaars are being set up in Bardhaman district.
- We are developing a ‘Mati Tirtha’ in Bardhaman district for our farmer friends.
- We have given compensation to farmers affected by floods. This was unheard of in the past.
- Centre has not given a penny worth relief for those affected in floods.
- We urge you to sell your paddy at official procurement camps.
- Bengal leads in Swachh Bharat scheme. Three out of 4 top districts in India are from this State.
- Centre is reducing funds for Swachh Bharat programme. I have written a letter of protest to the Centre.
- We are working hard, building toilets and the Centre is taking all credit.
- Centre has stopped the funding for ICDS. We will not let the scheme stop. We will provide funds for it.
- We want the faith and trust of people.
- We raised the salaries of civic volunteers. We are with you.
- We increased the budget of minority development from Rs 400 Cr to Rs 2400 Cr.
- In its last four years CPM gave away 4 lakh scholarships only. Since 2011, we have distributed scholarships to 84 lakh students.
- We are proud of our girls. We are proud of our Kanyashree girls. 27 lakh girls have been enrolled already.
- We have allotted 1458 acres of land at Panagarh to Matix fertilizers who are investing Rs 10000 Cr.
- Andal-Delhi flights will be launched soon.
- We are training muslin artists. We are distributing handloom machinery to artists.
- The coal blocks at Deocha Pachami will generate a lot of employment in this region.
- We are giving financial assistance to folk artists. We are proud of our folk heritage.
- Bengal’s population is 9 crore. We provide rice at Rs 2/kg to 3.2 crore people. Additional 3 crore people will get rice @ Rs 3/kg.
- Beds and medicines at government hospitals are free in Bengal. Fair price medicine shops provide discount up to 70%.
- Cardiac surgeries of children up to 18 years are performed for free under Shishu Sathi scheme. 3000 children have benefited.
- We have undertaken irrigation projects for drought prone areas.
- We have set up 13 new universities, 45 new colleges in the last four years. 200 ITIs and polytechnic colleges are coming up.
- Congress promised to help us but never did. BJP is taking away all our revenues. CPM ruined Bengal for 34 years.
- Those who are shedding crocodile tears for tea garden workers and farmers today, were they sleeping for 34 years.
- Opposition thought I will not be able to run the administration and will give up. I accept the challenge.
- I have worked for the people despite all financial hardships. I will continue the surge of development.
- I came back from London when Bengal faced floods. We were at Nabanna all night monitoring situation. Nobody can take Bengal out of me.