December 18, 2015
WB CM launches new fleet of buses for Hooghly district
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee launched a fleet of 19 buses along 8 routes in Hooghly district today. The move is aimed at making transport even more hassle-free for common people.
She also inaugurated a host of other projects and laid the foundation stones for many more at a public function in Dankuni.
The Chief Minister inaugurated several road projects and laid the foundation stones for new madrassah buildings, hostels for minority students, tourist lodges at Furfura Sharif, Karma Tirtha, water supply projects and road projects.
WB CM distributed cycles to students under Sabuj Sathi scheme and land pattas to beneficiaries.
Highlights of her speech:
- We have started a new scheme for the school students. We are giving bicycles to 40 lakh students.
- By January, 25 lakh students will get cycles under Sabuj Sathi. By next year 40 lakh students will get cycles.
- We have been able to provide benefits and services to 71% people in Hooghly district.
- 19 new buses in 8 routes have been flagged off today for Hooghly district.
- Schemes worth Rs 75 crore have been taken up for the area around Furfura Sharif.
- At Arambagh I had laid foundation stones for projects worth Rs 400 crore.
- From ITIs, Kisan Bazaars to Multi Super Speciality hospitals, we are working for people.
- We have made beds and medicines free at government hospitals. We have started fair price medicine shops offering up to 70% discount.
- Doctors have been asked to write generic names of medicines.
- We have started a dialysis unit in Hooghly district. Procedures like these are available at discounted prices.
- We have started fair price diagnostic centres that offer procedures like MRI and CT Scan at nominal prices. We have started CCUs also.
- We are giving 30% subsidy and accidental insurance to self-help groups.
- We have started Samajik Suraksha Scheme (Social Security Scheme) despite financial hardships.
- We are paying for the sins of the CPM. We have increased revenues but Centre is taking away all our money.
- I have only one goal in life. I will turnaround Bengal one day.
- The students and youth of Bengal are our future. They will make us proud in the global stage.
- You should be proud to say you belong to Bengal.
- We have introduced reservation for OBCs and minorities without touching general category. We created infrastructure worth Rs 1000 Cr.
- We are setting up 200 ITIs and polytechnic colleges, 176 Kisan Bazaars.
- Dankuni-Furfura Sharif railway project was conceived by me.
- We have started a new road project that will connect south and north Bengal.
- We have increased medical seats from 1400 to 2900 in just four years.
- There were only 30 govt colleges till 2011 in Bengal. We set up 45 new colleges in the last four years.
- Dankuni has a huge potential. I ask the local municipality to work well.
- Hooghly district has potential in agriculture, horticulture, cottage industries and tourism.
- We have set up 5 new police commission rates, 75 new police stations, 88 fast-tracks.
- We have started a housing scheme for police force.
- CPM incurred huge debt in its final years so that the new government won’t be able to work.