December 2, 2015
WB CM announces funds for drought-affected areas of Purulia
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee during her visit Bandwan in Purulia district today announced a fund of Rs 50 crore for people affected by drought.
Once a Maoist den, peace prevails in the area now. WB CM address a public meeting where she inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for a bouquet of projects including Sabuj Sathi scheme.
The projects WB CM inaugurated today include eco-tourism projects, road projects, water supply projects, several health care projects, Krishak Bazaars, hostels for boys and girls, administrative buildings, auditorium among other things..
The West Bengal Chief Minister laid the foundation stones for healthcare projects, Karma Tirtha, roads, bridges, water supply projects, schools among other things.
The CM also distributed several services including Kanyashree, Sikshashree, equipment to farmers, Kisan and artisan credit cards, different agricultural machinery and equipment, pattas, financial assistance to folk artists, dhamsa and madol.
Highlights of her speech:
- We are giving away various services to 85000 people in Purulia district today.
- You cannot love yourself unless you love poor people. I love Jangalmahal.
- We want to set up an academy for Chhau dance and archery in Purulia.
- Our brothers and sisters of Purulia won first prize in Delhi with their Chhau dance.
- We have decided to distribute cycles to 40 lakh students. 25 lakh students will get cycles by January, 2016.
- 80% people in Purulia have received government services so far. We have to reach more and more people.
- We have started a social security scheme for kendu leaf collectors.
- WB Govt will celebrate Lok Utsav in Kolkata in December.
- When kendu leaf collectors attain the age of 60, the govt will give them Rs 1.5 lakh as pension.
- We are giving forest pattas to tribal people. We believe rights of forest should remain with people who live in forest.
- Subsidies for self-help groups has been increased and interest on loan has been slashed.
- We have started a new project “Jal Tirtha” for supplying water to arid areas of Purulia.
- We are making arrangements for agriculture in 7000 hectares of land in Purulia.
- ITIs are coming up at Balarampur and Raghunathpur. Work for 3 more ITIs is going on. Polytechnic college coming up at Baghmundi.
- Three fair price medicine shops have come up in Purulia. One more has been inaugurated today.
- SNSU, CCU, Digital X Ray facilities have been started in Purulia district.
- Two multi super speciality hospitals are coming up in the district.
- Seven Krishak Bazaars have been set up in Purulia district. We are setting up a Krishi Bhavan.
- We will take up 255 new irrigation projects for Purulia, Bankura, Midnapore districts.
- We have started schools that impart education in Ol-Chiki language.
- Seven Karma Tirtha hubs will come up in Purulia which will lead to employment of youths.
- 16 lakh students from SC/ST communities are getting the benefits of Shikshasree scheme. 28 lakh girls are registered under Kanyashree.
- Ramakrishna Mission will open a tribal school in Purulia.
- The road infrastructure in the district has improved.
- We will ensure every household in the district receives electricity soon.
- We are promoting eco-tourism. We want more tourists to come to this district.
- We are yet to receive relief for flood from the Centre. If we do not receive our rights, we will agitate for it.
- I announce a relief fund of Rs 50 crore for drought-affected areas of Purulia.
- 12 lakh people in Purulia alone get rice at Rs 2/kg. From now on 26 lakh people in drought-affected areas will get similar benefits.
- We have taken up a water supply project worth Rs 2000 Cr for the district.
- The CPM incurred debts and Centre is taking away our revenues.
- Purulia is so beautiful. The place has so much tourism potential. The days of violence are over now. Peace prevails here.
- Trinamool is a party of struggle. We are here to work for the people.
- A lot of investments are coming in at Raghunathpur.
- By Durga Pujo next year we will create a new sub-division in Purulia. It will lead to decentralisation and even better governance.
- 46000 folk artists have been registered and are receiving monthly stipends. They also perform at govt functions.
- A lot of youths from Jangalmahal have been recruited as junior constable in the past. Additional 1000 youths will be recruited soon.
- Entire world will take note of Bengal one day. The youth are the future of the country.
- Centre has stopped giving funds for Asha, ICDS, Sarva Siksha Mission. Despite financial crunch, we are funding them.
- There is no discrimination among people on the lines of caste, creed, religion in Bengal.
- Peace has returned to Purulia, Bankura, Midnapore. I am proud of Purulia. The district is close to my heart.