May 7, 2019
Modi a bad influence on young minds: Mamata Banerjee at Santuri
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Santuri (Purulia district) in the Bankura Lok Sabha constituency.
She said that she has seen many Prime Ministers but never seen a bigger liar than Modi. He is a bad influence for the young minds.
Highlights of her speech:
- I have seen many Prime Ministers but never seen a bigger liar than Modi. He is a bad influence for the young minds.
- If Modi comes back to power, he will destroy democracy. He is changing history, geography and even the Constitution
- The BJP is bereft of ideology. They carry out armed rallies to terrorise people and create violence.
- I have suffered a lot of physical attacks during Left Front rule. I have suffered injuries in the skull, hand, and other parts of the body
- The physical attacks on me have not deterred me from standing up against the misrule of the Left. You need conviction
- In Jharkhand, the BJP was trying to forcefully take away the pattas of the Adivasis. I sent my ministers to stop it. On the other hand, my government here gives patta rights to the Adivasis and means for livelihood.
- The Amritsar-Kolkata industrial corridor will pass through Dankuni, Panagarh and come here to Raghunathpur. A lot of employment opportunities will be created. We have already set up four industrial growth centres here
- We have set up Santhali schools, dictionary in Ol Chiki script. People can take the WBCS examination in Santhali language
- We have to work for people of all communities, castes, creed, and religion. Society is incomplete without all
- Under the Utkarsh Bangla project, we are training 6 lakh youths every year for skill development. After the training period, they get employment in the respective industries. Utkarsh Bangla project has become number one in the world
- Before elections, we have already declared that we will launch a new scheme ‘Yuvashree Arpan’ under which youths will receive Rs 50,000 for starting their own business. We are also empowering the youth through the Gatidhara scheme
- Narendra Modi was in power for five years at Centre. What has he done? Their goons roam around the streets with arms in hand and coerce people to raise their slogans. We are not afraid. We will say ‘Jai Hindi’ and ‘Vande Mataram’.Narendra Modi says Mamata Banerjee does not allow Durga Puja in Bengal. Don’t you celebrate Durga Puja, Saraswati Puja, Lokkhi Puja, Tusu Parab, and other festivals?
- We have developed Ayodhya Hills, Susunia Hills. We are renovating the Jagannath Mandir in Digha. We have redeveloped many temples and religious sites. Modi has not even been able to build one Ram Mandir
- In Assam, the excluded the names of 22 lakh Hindus in NRC. They murdered Bengalis in cold blood. They are driving Bengalis and Biharis away. We will not allow NRC in Bengal.
- They do not come to Bengal during times of crisis. They only come here to ask for votes.
- They have failed to control Maoist violence in BJP-ruled States. We have restored peace in Jangalmahal. But the Centre has stopped the funds for development of Jangalmahal region
- In the name of ‘achhe din’, he has driven 12,000 farmers to suicide with his policies. Three crore youths lost their jobs. They have failed to bring back black money from abroad. The prices of essential items, fuel and cooking gas are on the rise.
- They are instigating violence between people by orchestrating riots. They want to pit people against each other.