June 30, 2018
Bengal Govt starts special scheme for increasing production of duck eggs
The State Animal Resources Development (ARD) Department has started a special scheme for further increasing the production of duck eggs. Duck eggs are very nutritious, having amounts of proteins and omega-3 fatty acids than chicken eggs.
Through this scheme, financial help is being given to self-help groups for setting up duck farms.
The benefits of the scheme include:
· Special capital grant
· Subsidy on the stamp duty and registration fee required for registering farms
· Subsidy for five years on the interest to be paid on loans
· Subsidy for five years on electricity bills
· Subsidy for five years on electricity tariff
For further information, contact
· Local panchayat or Block Livestock Development Offices (BLDO) (for opening farms)
· Phone: (033) 23354068, 7604010100
· Additional districts magistrates or local ARD Department offices
Source: Govt ad