January 8, 2015
Investment proposals worth Rs 2.4 lakh crore finalised at Bengal Global Summit
The success of Bengal Global Business Summit continued on day two, after a very successful day one, which had attracted investments of around Rs 93,000 crore. The state received huge investment proposals today also.
The total investment received in the last two days of the summit is Rs 2,40,000 crore.
The investments finalised during the Summit will lead to job creation for 1 crore people in the next three years.
Major investments for the first day included :
- MoUs with Union Shipping Ministry worth Rs 41,600 crore (this includes Bhor Sagar, Haldia Green Port & other projects).
- MoUs regarding Deochala Pachami Coal Mines worth Rs 12,000 crore.
- Investment by ITC worth Rs 3000 crore.
- Investment by SAIL worth Rs 40,000 crore.
- Kolkata Eye MoU signed with Port Trust worth Rs 300 crore.
- Investment by Hiranandandi Group worth Rs 5000 crore.
- Kolkata Siliguri Corridor worth Rs 500 crore.
- Satelite Township on Hindmotor Land by Parimal and Sriram Group worth Rs 8000 crore.
- L&T will invest under PPP model worth Rs 12000 crore.
- TCS will employ over 20,000 people in their second campus in Rajarhat
Major investment proposals for the second day include:
- NTPC is investing Rs 20,000 crore.
- Health Sector: Proposals made worth Rs 2710 crore signed in health sector, which will generate 8990 employment. 7 MoUs to be signed, which will provide skill development to 90,000 people per annum.
- Food Processing: 16 MoUs signed in the food processing sector with investment more than 1000 crore.
- BAPL has signed a MoU with Scomi. Investment worth Rs 1000 crore.
- Essel group: We are indenting to invest Rs 15000 crore in Bengal.
- Governement of West Bengal is working with BAPL to installing the air connectivity between Kolkata Durgapur Coochbehar and Bagdogra. BAPL is also entering into an agreement with GoAir and Pinnacle Air.
- The total investment proposals received for urban sector is about Rs 70,000 crore. 5 new townships will be created- Bolpur, Siliguri ,Kalyani, Rajarhat,Baruipur.
- A growth corridor will be build up from Kolkata to Raghunathpur via Dhanbad. Subarna group of Singapore will be making it. Proposed investment worth Rs 1000 crore.
- A solid waste management project will be build up in Howrah with an investment of Rs 2200 crore.
- An agreement is being signed for a 500 MW plant for solar power in Purulia. WB CM calls this as a “gift for my Jangalmahal”.
- MoU between ICOM UK and CREDAI Bengal for building of Kolkata Siliguri Growth Corridor.
- Development centre for Information Technology along with Monorail connectivity.
- Anand Group to invest 230 crore in a food park under Amul brand.
- Microsoft’s Centre for Excellence.
- Investments in the pipeline for poultry, hatchery and organic farming.
Other significant investment agreements in urban area include:
- Rs 1500 crore from Y K Modi Group
- Rs 1275 crore on 150 acre land by Solarpuria Group
- Rs 4000 crore on 235 acre land at Rajarhat by Forum Group
- Rs 6000 crore on 135 acre land at 24 Parganas(North) by Highland Group
- Rs 9000 crore on 100 acre land at Bishnupur by Ambuja Neotia Group
- Rs 1200 crore from Mayfair Group
- Rs 2500 crore on 138 acre land at Baruipur by Mani Group
- Rs 2024 crore investment in Sports and Leather Complex from FS Group
- Rs 260 crore on 60 acre land by Swarnaganga Realities
- Rs 4000 crore on 50 acre land by Sherwood Group
- Rs 700 crore on 57 acre land by MTEK Group
- Rs 1000 crore on 60 acre land by Merlin Group
- Rs 1200 crore on 50 acre land at 24 Parganas (South) by Dhoot Group
- Rs 25000 crore on 600 acre land at Rajarhat by Greentech Group
- Infinity to build two IT Hubs in the state. One at Rajarhat worth Rs 5000 crore and the other at Howrah worth Rs 1000 crore
- Rs 2000 crore to be invested by Unimart Group
- Panchwati group to invest Rs 1500 crore in building a Textile Park
- South City Group to building a Gateway in Sundarbans costing Rs 1000 crore
- Siddha Group will invest in 3 projects worth Rs 3000 crore
- Premier Group to invest Rs 1055 crore in 100 acre land
- Rs 2500 crore from Capital Singapore
- Rs 1000 crore from Regent Garment
- Rs 2500 crore from Jalan Group
- Rs 1200 crore from INPA Group
- Rs 1200 crore will be invested for hosiery park
- Rs 15,000 crore to be invested for “Smart Cities”
- A solid waste management project will be build up in Howrah with an investment of Rs 2900 crore with a consortium of German Companies