January 21, 2015
Abhishek Banerjee takes on ABP and BJP
National President of Trinamool Youth Congress Abhishek Banerjee today slammed Anandabazar Patrika group and BJP for their malicious propaganda of lies and smear campaign against Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress.
He was addressing a rally of Trinamool Youth Congress at Bardhaman Chowringhee Maidan. The rally was attended by various leaders of the party Partha Chatterjee, Secretary General of AITC, Firhad Hakim, General Secretary Subrata Bakhsi, WB State President, Chandrima Bhattacharya, State President of Trinamool Mahila Congress and senior leader Subrata Mukherjee. The meeting was attended by a sea of enthusiast supporters.
He said that he has slapped legal notices to ABP for false news regarding him, which the media group is yet to respond to. He also questioned how front page headlines in ABP and Ganasakti was exactly similar. He reiterated what the Chairperson has been saying all these while, that ABP published several advertisements of Saradha.
Abhishek Banerjee challeneged the owner of ABP group, Aveek Sarkar to produce the balance sheet of all the companies he is associated with, and he is ready to produce his record within 30 minutes.
Highlights of Abhishek Banerjee’s speech:
- Yesterday Amit Shah said Saradha raised Rs 15000 crore. But in SC order it is said an independent auditor from SEBI said the amount was Rs 2459 crore.
- I have sent legal notices to ABP group for false news. They haven’t furnished any proof yet. Will take them to court.
- Every evening on TV shows, few dalals are carrying out negative propaganda against Mamata Banerjee.
- ABP is spreading malicious lies against Mamata Banerjee and TMC.
- Will ABP do a panel discussion on the manifold increase in assets of BJP Ministers?
- On 13th January, ABP and Ganashakti carried the exact same headline on front page.
- What is the connection between ABP and Ganashakti? ABP also published advertisements of Saradha.
- If Aveek Sarkar produces balance sheets of all companies he is associated with, I will produce my records within 30 mins.
- Neither CBI nor ABP will be able to save BJP. Common people are the only saviour in elections.
- After becoming the President of BJP, Amit Shah came to Chowringhee to campaign for by-polls. TMC won that seat by 15000 votes.
- In the students’ union polls, TMCP has formed the union in majority colleges.
- The more they criticise TMC; people will shower their support on us.
- BJP returned the pilot cars sent by WB Government so that they could criticise Mamata Banerjee.
- They traveled without pilot cars in Bardhaman. This is an example that Bengal is safe and secure.
- Did they talk about development, peace, culture or progress? No. They only talked about capturing power.
- Mamata Banerjee has a long history of struggle. She did not become a mass leader overnight. From Netai to Nandigram, Singur to Tapasi Malik, Mamata Banerjee has always stood by the people.
- They want to defeat Mamata Banerjee by indulging in propaganda through a section of media.
- Can you block the sunlight by covering your eyes with your hand? No. Defeating Mamata Banerjee is not easy.
- Let there be a competition based on development. Let them talk based on facts and figures.
- They do not know the Bengali language, Bengali culture. Will Amit Shah be able to read the banner on stage?
- Mamata Banerjee started her struggle wearing a hawai chappal 3 decades ago. She still follows the same lifestyle.
- They think they will bring poriborton in Bengal by visiting the State for 5 minutes.
- Did Amit Shah say a word against Biman babu or Buddha babu? Did he say anything about Adhir babu?
- Mamata Banerjee visited Jangalmahal 38 times and Darjeeling 42 times in the last 3.5 years. Standing in Darjeeling, Mamata Banerjee made it clear that she will not allow division of Bengal.
- A few dalals are carrying out negative propaganda against Mamata Banerjee.
- The support of people is with TMC and Mamata Banerjee. BJP cannot digest this fact.
- Yesterday BJP said in their rally ABVP won elections at Raghunathpur College. In reality TMCP won the polls in that college.
- A particular media group is spreading malicious lies against Mamata Banerjee and TMC.
- The assets of BJP MPs and Ministers are increasing manifold since Lok Sabha elections.
- Should there not be a CBI probe into the multifold increase in assets of BJP Ministers? Will there be panel discussions in TV?
- Investments r pouring into Bengal. WB CM is visiting different places with industrialists for investment opportunities.
- Trinamool will win the upcoming Municipal polls in Bengal.
- BJP will suffer a huge defeat in the upcoming polls.