January 13, 2015
Business meet to promote Industry in North Bengal
WB CM Ms Mamata Banerjee will chair a business meet on 19 Jannuary 2015, at Uttar Kanya, Siliguri. North Bengal Development Minister Gautam Deb informed that about 500 industrialists will be present in the meet. The meet will discuss the prospects for development of industry in the 7 districts of North Bengal.
- The focus areas will be to set up environment friendly “Green Industry”.
- An education hub and IT hub will be created near Siliguri.
- The business meet will be also to promote tea industry, jute industry and tobacco industry.
- A Safari park near Sevok is being constructed with an investment of about Rs 250 crore.
- A mega tourist hub is under construction at Gajoldoba, 30 km from Siliguri. The project is estimated to involve an investment in the tune of Rs 2500 crore.
- One of the leading beverage companies has promised an investment of Rs 200 crores in the coming years.
- The Coochbehar airport will start its operation within the first half of 2015.
- A MoU has been signed in the recently concluded Bengal Global Summit, 2015 with the Ambuja group which will set up 5 star resorts at Makaibari tea estate, Kurseong, Ghoom, Darjeeling, Lataguri and Gorumara forest.
- Income generated by NBSTC (North Bengal State Transport Corporation) has now increased to 8 crores, but a monthly target of 10 crores has been set up.