January 7, 2015
Foreign delegates all praise for Bengal at Global Business Summit
Bengal Global Business Summit started on a positive note. After the hugely successful morning session where the captains of the industry hailed Bengal, in the afternoon delegates from more than 20 countries participated in the Bengal Global Business Summit and praised about the growth of Bengal.
The participating countries include United States, United Kingdom, Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Luxembourg and Australia.
Here is what they said:
- UKIBC Chair Patricia Hewitt: I invite the Hon. Chief Minister to visit England. I am here to promote B2B – not just Business to Business but Britain 2 Bengal.
- The Global CEO of Mitsubishi Chemicals: The special affinity between the people of Bengal and Japan continues. We have had privilege of meeting the Honourable CM whenever there was a need and received her support and assistance. I sincerely hope this Summit will be a new dawn in Japan-Bengal relations.
- Representatives of Changi International Airport: We will continue our relationship with West Bengal. We will continue our relationship with West Bengal.
- Representative from the USA: We will continue our relationship with West Bengal. My wife and I want to start a Baul village in Bolpur.
- Representatives of Scomi group: West Bengal worked very fast to respond to our request. That is why we are here today. West Bengal worked very fast to respond to our request. That is why we are here today. We are looking forward to forge new relationships
- The South Korean Ambassador: We are witnessing a very positive change happening in West Bengal. Bengal is destined to become a major hub of Eastern India. State has all that it takes to become an investor-destination. The business-friendly measures taken by WB Govt will help the State in becoming a major investment destination. As Ambassador I would like to see Korean investment increasing in West Bengal. There is a scope for West Bengal and Korea to partner in the SME sector.
- Business Delegation from Bangladesh: I am accompanying more than 25 entrepreneurs who would love to invest in West Bengal. West Bengal can be our backward link in export of garments and raw materials. The first private sector industrial park by Bangladesh will be set up in Kolkata. Didi is coming to Dhaka in February. We wish to hold a business meet during the visit.
- Delegate from Kunming, China addressed issues on trade imbalances.
- President of the Nepal Chamber of Commerce: Bengal and Nepal share a traditional and historical friendship. We request the Honourable Chief Minister to visit Nepal.
Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee addressed the Bengal Global Business Summit at the end of the first day. She took the opportunity to thank all the foreign delegates and the captains of the Industry. Here is what she said:
- The main message today was ‘come to Bengal, ride the growth.’
- Our infrastructure is ready. Our resources are ready. Our labour is ready.
- 14 speakers addressed the morning session and 10 speakers spoke in the afternoon.
- Discussion will continue tomorrow morning. Any clarification can be taken care of, by officials.
- I salute my captains of industry. New things are happening in Bengal. This is a Beautiful Bengal.
- Union Minister Gadkari ji announced projects worth Rs 21000 crore. SAIL announced projects worth Rs 40000 crore.
- Bengal is always environment-friendly.Thank you to all the delegates who have come here.
- To all the delegates, my message is, we are deeply obliged.