September 13, 2014
Bypolls in Bengal were largely peaceful: Partha Chatterjee
- It is true that Opposition parties wereahead of TMC in terms of Lok Sabha votes in the two seats where bypolls wereheld.
- BJP has used its power to influence thepolls today, just like Congress did when they were in power.
- The manner in which Opposition has alreadystarted making allegations, it is certain that they do not believe in people.
- It looks like Opposition has concededdefeat in the bypolls even before polling has ended.
- The malicious propaganda and personalattack against Mamata Banerjee will be answered by people.
- The bypolls today were largely peaceful,free and fair. We will accept the verdict of the people.