February 8, 2019
Investment proposals worth Rs 2.84 lakh crore received at BGBS 2019
The 5th Bengal Global Business Summit has been a remarkable success. Investment proposals worth Rs 2.84 lakh crore were received at BGBS 2019. More than 5,000 delegates from 36 countries attended the two-day summit.
A total of 86 MoUs were signed at the summit. About 86 MoUs have been signed, and 45 B2C meetings and 1,200 B2B meetings have been held.
Eight to 10 lakh more job opportunities will be created, Mamata Banerjee said.
Highlights of the Chief Minister’s speech:
- Thanks to all the industry partners, captains, representatives and delegates from all the countries
- It has indeed been a great pleasure to have you here. We convey our deepest gratitude
- I convey my thanks to partner countries. Hope you will fly back with fond memories of Bengal
- The safest and warmest place to invest is Bengal
- The outcome of Bengal Global Business Summit has been fantastic. It has been about your attitude, initiative, investment proposals and interest shown to us
- It is because of you that this summit has been successful
- With our new initiatives, vision and action we will prove that we are the best investment destination in the future as well. Please do come again
- About 86 MoUs have been signed, and 45 B2C meetings and 1,200 B2B meetings have been held. This is a remarkable achievement. This proves our credentials, credibility and accountability. This shows you love us
- We have started the Silicon Valley Hub. We started with 100 acres of land and it was filled up. So, we allotted to it another 100 acres
- First phase: Reliance Jio, TCS, Firstsource. Second phase: Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Capgemini, ISI, Society for Applied Microwave Research
- Investment offers received: Rs 2 lakh 84 thousand 288 crore
- Investment means business, and thus, generation of new jobs. Eight to 10 lakh more jobs will be created in Bengal
- In the near future, India will follow Bengal.
- We don’t allow any strike, suspension of work or workers’ unrest. Workers and talent are our assets. We want our unemployed youth to get jobs
- Through the Bengal Global Business Summit, Bengal has got an extra opportunity to create more jobs
- While India has lost 2 crore jobs in a year, Bengal has reduced unemployment by 40%
- We not only make promises but deliver too. We talk less and work more
- The next Bengal Global Business Summit will be held in the last week of January or early February in 2020. Next time, bring your families too. Let them enjoy the beauty and hospitality of Bengal