October 3, 2018
Bangla CM inaugurates ‘Bhorer Alo’ tourism hub at Gajoldoba
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today inaugurated her dream project ‘Bhorer Alo’ at Gajoldoba.
‘Bhorer Alo’, located around 30 km from Siliguri in Jalpaiguri district, is dubbed as India’s largest integrated tourism location. Spread across a sprawling area of 208 acres, it has different components including a budget hotel, 2 star category hotels and a high-end hotel. A 9 hole golf course spread across 60 acres of land is also coming up at Gajoldoba.
‘Bhorer Alo’ will boast of cycling, boating and camping facilities. It will also have a trekking route through Saraswati Tea Estate to the Bengal Safari. A state institute of hotel management called ‘Arohon’, along with a home for the elderly, a police station and a health care centre are on the anvil as well.
Highlights of the Chief Minister’s speech:
- I am confident that ‘Bhorer Alo’ will become a popular tourism hub. Gajoldoba will become a wonder in the future.
We have provided training to several oarsmen today. They have been provided with equipment as well. They must keep their life-jackets at hand.
- We will provide new boats to all oarsmen under Jaladhara scheme.
- We will set up a food camp for tourists here. One watch tower will be set up. Bengal Safari is nearby. You can enjoy elephant rides and jungle safari there.
- From Jaldapara to Sukna, we have developed many tourist centres. Many new cottages have been set up.
We have started a new tourism hub at Jharkhali. We have renovated Bakkhali tourism centre, along with Gangasagar, Furfurasharif, Pathachapari.
- A skywalk is coming up at Dakshineshwar. We have ‘ekanna peeth’ temples. Baul Bitan is coming up. Ranga Bitan is ready.
- I would request my brothers and sisters in the Hills to be alert. Tourists are the mainstay of economy here.
- We will start homestay tourism here like Lamahata. We will ensure people get the best facilities.
- We will also set up a store of Biswa Bangla here. To promote local handicrafts, we will set up a rural hub. For that, we will give two acre land.
- A panel of local folk artistes will be created, who will perform here. This will lead to employment and will also highlight the local culture and traditions.
- A hotel and helipad will be built here. We will create more employment for the young generation through tourism.
- I would request the captains of industry accompanying me to spread the word about this tourism centre.
- Government officials must be alert. Any untoward incident must be avoided ahead of the festive season.