February 13, 2015
We are committed to providing social security to workers : WB CM at Shramik Mela
Fulfilling the promise for all round development in every sector, WB CM Ms Mamata Banerjee has taken up the cause for welfare of workers in organised and unorganised sectors. The CM Ms Mamata Banerjee inaugurated a Workers’ Fair today at Milan Mela Grounds, organised by the Department of Labour Department, West Bengal Government.
This endeavour is a big step which surely will enhance the standards of living of the workers. The government will not only provide with financial assistance but also educate the workers about their rights and safety measures to be taken in work place.
WB CM Ms Mamata Banerjee said, “We should simplify processes so that workers can get their benefits easily. Our government launched the Social Security Scheme for unorganised sector who have no PF or no insurance. We are committed to providing social security to workers”
Workers must be educated about their rights through these fairs. Such fairs must be held in every district. Your struggle inspires us to work. You are our pride”, she added.
Highlights of the measures announced at the fair:
- Providing assistance to the construction / transport workers and workers from more than 58 unorganised sectors.
- Registration at Employment Bank and providing Youth Incentives.
- Construction of house and financial assistant for house hold power connection to the Bidi workers.
- Counselling regarding West Bengal Shop and Establishment Act, Labour Act, minimum wages, Gratuity etc.
- Counselling regarding the security of boilers.
- Workshop on legal matters regarding security of workers, safety measures in prevention of accidents.
- Counselling and providing information in connection of various assistance by the West Bengal Labour Welfare Board.