February 20, 2015
Benefits galore for Organised and Unorganised Workers in Bengal
The WB State Labour Department in its endeavour to fulfil WB CM Ms Mamata Banerjee’s promise for upliftment of organised and unorganised workers, have come out with a number of beneficial programme for the state workers. As already declared by the Chief Minister in the recently held Shramik Mela in the Milan Mela grounds, the same can be availed now with filling up of a form with a onetime fee of Rs 30.
Once the form is filled and submitted, the following benefits will be made available to the workers;
- On reaching the age of 60 years the person will be eligible to get a pension @ Rs 1500 per month provided the enrollment is at-least 5 years old.
- Family pension @ Rs 750 per month.
- In case of natural death one time grant of Rs 50,000.
- In case of accidental death one time grant of Rs 2 lakh.
- In case of critical ailment or operation, the following medical assistance will be given. ( For Self- Rs 1 lakh yearly, self and family Rs 1.5 lakh yearly and Rs 30,000 as cashless benefit).
- For wedding and maternity: In a gap of 5 years Rs 25000 twice.
- Assistance in child’s education. (For Higher Secondary Education Rs 4000, For Graduation education Rs 6000, For Post Graduation education Rs 8000, Medical/ Engineering/ MBA education Rs 30,000).
The enrollment drive is now on and forms have now been made available by the Labour Department which can be procured from the following offices:
Office of the Labour Commissioner
4th Floor, 6 Church Lane
Kolkata – 700001
In Panchayat area, the concerned Labour Welfare Dept’s office. In Municipal area concerned Labour Welfare office or Assistant Labour Commissioner’s office.
Toll Free No for assistance: 1800 10 30009.