November 27, 2015
Suderbans to become a district in 2016
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee today announced that Suderbans region will become a full-fledged district before Durga Puja in 2016. The decision was taken because the area is river-based and the people their have their specific problems, WB CM said.
The Chief Minister also announced that Dr BR Ambedkar’s 125th birth anniversary celebrations will be held in West Bengal in every block on 30 December. A chair will be named after Dr Ambedkar at Calcutta University and a Panchayat Training Centre, named after him will be set up.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who is on a visit to North 24 Parganas district today, also flagged off Sabuj Sathi scheme for the district.
She addressed a public meeting at Sandeshkhali, where she will inaugurate and lay the foundation stones for a bouquet of projects.
The projects WB CM inaugurated today include road projects, irrigation schemes, Shishu Aaloy, several health care projects, new hostels, water supply projects among others.
The West Bengal Chief Minister also laid the foundation stones for road and irrigation projects, renovation of administrative buildings, minority hostels, godowns among other things.
The CM distributed several services including Kanyashree, Yuvashree, Sikshashree, equipment to fishermen, Kisan and artisan credit cards, different agricultural machineries and equipment, pattas, financial assistance for natural disasters and a host of other such services.
Highlights of WB CM’s speech:
- West Bengal has become self-sufficient in power, Loadsheddings are a thing of the past now.
- Out of 9 crore people in Bengal, 3.2 crore people get rice at Rs 2/kg.
- Our government has increased allocations for minority development from Rs 400 Cr to Rs 2400 Cr.
- Healthcare is free in Bengal. From beds to medicines, you can avail everything for free at govt hospitals.
- We do not want alms from the Centre. We want our due right.
- Centre is taking a way a major share of our revenues because of the sins of the CPM.
- Despite financial problem, the surge of development will continue in Bengal. My challenge to Opposition “Catch me if you can”.
- From multi super speciality hospitals, roads and bridges, we have done a lot of work in North 24 Parganas.
- We have undertaken ‘Pather Sathi’, ‘Sobar Ghore Aalo’ schemes for your benefit.
- We have introduced ‘Sabuj Sathi’ scheme for school students from Class 9-12. 40 lakh cycles will be distributed.
- By January 25 lakh cycles will be distributed in the State and rest will be given away by July, 2016.
- I am proud of my Kanyashree girls. 27 lakh girls have been registered already. One day they will shine in the world.
- Our students and youths are the future of the country. I firmly believe Bengal will become Biswa Bangla one day.