October 16, 2014
WB CM in Jangalmahal for Bijoya Sammelani function
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee was present at a Bijoya Sammelani programme today at Jhargram Stadium in Jangalmahal. The Chief Minister also conducted administrative review meetings with the top police and administrative officials of the three districts.
Thousands of people from the districts of Bankura, Purulia and Paschim Medinipur attended the function, along with representatives of various local clubs.
The Chief Minister is visiting Jangalmahal to greet people after the peaceful conclusion of Durga Puja and Eid. The CM addressed the gathering after a cultural programme organised by the artists of Jangalmahal.
Exactly three years ago the CM had announced a grant of Rs 27-lakh for development of the Jhargram Stadium.
The Chief Minister in her short speech said:
- Help each other during the festive season. We are accustomed in staying together, sharing our joys with each other
- Communal harmony exists in West Bengal. Will not let anybody to disturb this co-existence
- Our slogans are Juddho Noi Shanti Chai, Dhongsho Noi Sristi Chai, Mrityu Noi Jibon Chai
- I love Jangalmahal. I keep coming back here. Today I reviewed the developmental works going on here
- I will request the police personnel to carry on with the coordination meetings in the same manner as it was done before the Pujas
- I wish Subho Bijoya to all of you, stay well