October 30, 2014
Opposition must fight with us on development plank. Not by using violence: WB CM
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for a number of developmental projects during her visit to Sagar Islands in South 24 Parganas today.
A tide of development
Ms Banerjee inaugurated Nabaprajanma – the State Youth Hostel at Yuva Bharati Krirangan, Salt Lake – from the stage at Sagar Islands. The hostel will have 1140 beds boys and girls, one luxury suite, 9 double-bedded deluxe rooms, 12 double-bedded executive rooms, 19 double-bedded AC rooms, separate recreation rooms for boys and girls.
The Chief Minister inaugurated the a girls' hostel with 50 beds, the SNSU unit at Rudranagar Hospital, coastal police stations at Paruliya, Jharkhali, Gobardhanpur, Gangasagar in South 24 Parganas and at Talpatighat and Junput in Purba Medinipur.
She also inaugurated twenty cottages at Gangasagar, the renovated Gangasagar Tourist Lodge, stalls for local shopkeepers in Gangasagar and the extended Sagar Panchayat Samiti Bhavan.
The Chief Minister laid the foundation stones of pipelined water supply projects at Nagendraganj and Shibpur in Sagar, Dhaspara, Dhoblat, Khasramkar and Shibpur in Namkhana and South Gangadharpur. She also laid the foundation stone for a bridge at Bankimnagar in Chemaguri.
The Chief Minister distributed grants, scholarships, and aids like Kanyashree, Shikkhashree and Kisan Credit Cards.
Highlights of her speech:
- A team of industrialists has come to Sagar today along with me. I am thankful to them all.
- I know you all are waiting here for a long time. I thank you all.
- Sagar has turned into a sea of humanity.
- Even two years ago, Sagar Islands was nothing but a rubble. We have built everything from scratch.
- We have inaugurated a new shelter for the youth with more than 1000 beds in Salt Lake.
- We have inaugurated a hostel here today. We are focusing on tourism.
- We have set up 8 new coastal police stations today.
- From Jharkhali, Bakkhali to Henry's Island, we are developing tourism. We are boosting tourism in Suderbans.
- I have developed the area around Kapil Muni Ashram. We have developed tourism infrastructure here.
- We are setting up a deep sea port here. This project worth Rs 12000 crore will generate employment.
- We visited two beaches today. One of them will be developed as a port. I have named it Bhorsagar.
- I have named the other beach as Dheusagar. We have identified another mangrove beach Rupsagar.
- Sagar Island is the meeting place of jungle, delta and sea.
- We have distributed identity cards to fishermen. We have started Kanyashree, Yuvashree, Sikkhashree schemes.
- We will focus on eco-tourism in this area.
- The potential of these areas were neglected during 34 years of Left rule.
- The diversity of Bengal's beauty and geography is unmatched.
- Bengal has the potential to become a tourism hub. We just need to explore them.
- We will develop water transport as well road transport here.
- We talk of development. We work for the people. Opposition must fight with us on development plank. Not by using violence.
- We inherited a huge debt. Yet the Centre took away our revenues.
- Healthcare at all Govt hospitals and health centres in district level has been made free.
- In MSME sector, Bengal is No. 1 now.
- We have already distributed 2 lakh land pattas. We will distribute one lakh more.
- We have got people's mandate to work. We will continue to serve them.
- Sarva Dharma Samanyaya is our motto. We work for people irrespective of religions and castes.
- Smear campaign and malicious propaganda will not work. People will give a fitting reply.
- A new medical college is coming up at Diamond Harbour.
- We have formed a task force to look after the work in tourism sector in Sagar Islands.
- There is a saying, baki sab teerth ekbar. Gangasagar baar baar.
coach outlet along with sales at local outdoor stores
Fowler’s Mill Golf Course Reviews
replica watches Yet the fashion paparazzi pay these women no attention
How to Get a Job in a Consulting Firm
kamagra now in the waiting room
Why Vera Bradley Bags Are the Best
Rolex Uhren Tie the two pieces of thread at one end
Top 5 stores to look for chic and comfortable clothes
new balance outlet two hours with regards to the fashion industry coming from sterling form week polk
Where to Buy Cheap Chandelier Earrings
woolrich outlet The bottom portion
Lauren Bush Wedding Mixes Fashion and Politics for Labor Day
Chanel Espadrilles But if money isn’t an issue
Stuff like moisture wicking shirtsUnder armor etc
Murnauer Kaffeerösterei How to Find Fashionable Shoes for Women With Big Feet