April 26, 2015
Left parties calling bandh when one should be beside the earthquake affected: Partha Chatterjee
Trinamool Secretary General Partha Chatterjee urged all the people of the State to oppose the bandh called by the Left parties on 30 April, 2015, during a press conference at Trinamool Bhavan.
Highlights of his address:
• More than 2000 people are dead due to earthquake in Nepal. West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee has rushed to north Bengal to be beside those affected and take stock of the rescue operation.
• We believe in being beside people at the time of distress. The Left parties, in this critical time, have called a bandh.
• We oppose the strike. We do not believe in bandhs. We urge all to protest against the bandh by keeping everything running.
• West Bengal is one of the main points to reach Nepal. A strike in Bengal will affect rescue works.
• We condemn the bandh. When people should be beside the distressed, bandh has been called. We urge all to oppose the bandh.