December 26, 2013
Three new ministers take oath at Raj Bhavan, state cabinet reshuffled
West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan administered the oath of office to three new ministers today at Raj Bhaban. The strength of the West Bengal cabinet now stands at 44.
Minister of State Swapan Debnath took oath at Raj Bhavan as a Minister with Independent charge.
Dr. Shashi Panja, MLA from Shyampukur, was inducted into the Council of Ministers; she took the oath at Raj Bhavan as a Minister with Independent charge.
Sri Binay Krishna Burman, MLA from Mathabhanga took oath as the new Forest Minister after the MiC Hiten Burman resigned on health grounds.
After the oath taking ceremony Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjee told the press about the details of reshuffle in the West Bengal cabinet.
- Dr. Amit Mitra will now take charge as Industry and Commerce Ministry and Industrial Reconstruction. He is also the Finance Minister of the state.
- Sabitri Mitra will head the Ministry for Social Welfare.
- Shyamapada Mukherjee will head the Ministry of Textiles.
- Shankar Chakrabarty will head the PWD Ministry.
- Noor Alam Chowdhury will now be in charge of Department of Planning.
- Dr. Shashi Panja has been given the charge of Women &Child Welfare Ministry.
- Becharam Manna got the additional charge as MoS Land and Land Reforms. He is also the minister of state of the Agriculture and Agricultural Marketing.
- Rachpal Singh has been given charge of Ministry of Cooperation.
- Swapan Debnath will look after the Animal Husbandry Dept.