July 21, 2015
Start preparing for 2016 elections from now: Mamata Banerjee at 21 July rally
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Ms Mamata Banerjee addressed probably the biggest ever rally on the occasion of 21 July Sahid Divas at Dharmatala today.
The Party Chairperson stressed on the forthcoming assembly elections in 2016 and urged the activists to work unitedly. She said that Maa Mati Manush are the biggest pillars of 21 July Sahid Divas. The party Chairperson said that youth, women, struggle, development, progress symbolise 21 July, which was a black day for democracy under CPM rule.
On communalism and divisive politics
The Trinamool Chairperson said that some people are spreading canards and poison of communalism and Trinamool does not support them.
“Bengal cannot be divided, Hindu-Muslim-Christian-Sikh-Buddhist-Jains all are our brothers and sisters,” she said. “An eye for an eye, a riot for a riot is not our ideology, loving people across all lines is our policy,” the party Chairperson added. She slammed the Centre for humiliating Bengal and said people will teach them a lesson.
Mamata Banerjee arrives at Dharmatala
On opposition parties
The AITC Chairperson said that for 34 years, CPM was blind to people’s sufferings and deaf to the cries of poor.
“Congress-CPM-BJP are engaged in malicious campaign of lies and have no ideology in Bengal, they are like Ha Ja Ba Ra La (nonsense),” the party Chairperson said. She added that the Congress-BJP-CPM are all same and people will defeat their ideology.
She said that Trinamool’s struggle is against negligence by the Centre and the politics of hatred and communalism. “Trinamool Congress is not afraid of agencies and will not bow its heads before Centre,” she said.
The AITC Chairperson said that Trinamool did not relent before CPM and will not be scared by the ideology of hate and intolerance of the party at Centre. “Trinamool Congress does not fear any power and even if CPM-BJP-Congress unites in 2016, people will shower their blessings on TMC,” she said.
She also added that CPM will lose whatever little (seats) they have.
Mamata Banerjee addressing the crowd at Dharmatala
On Development of Bengal
- The Trinamool Government has given scholarships to 82 lakh students, have opened new colleges and universities
- We have started marketing hubs, fair price medicine shops and has made hospital beds free
- Our Government has started Sikkhashree scheme for SC students and have been giving rice at Rs 2/kg to people of Jangalmahal
- 3.2 crore people in the State get rice at Rs 2/kg now in Bengal and by next year 3 crore more will be covered
- Already 22 lakh girls are registered under Kanyashree scheme and 2 lakh more will registered on 14 August, Kanyashree Divas
- From the UNICEF to the World Bank and UNESCO – Everyone is honouring Bengal’s schemes
- Though the Centre is doing publicity for Swachh Bharat, Bengal’s Nadia district shows the way in action. Nadia is the best district in India in cleanliness scheme while Hooghly is second and Birbhum is fourth
- Centre has started Beti Padhao scheme but have allotted only Rs 100 Cr while Bengal allotted Rs 1000 Cr for Kanyashree
- The State Government has increased the number of medical seats in Bengal as well as the number of hospital beds
- The fair price medicine shops, which offer up to 70% discount, are models for entire country
- 350 SNSUs and SNCUs, 13 universities and 45 colleges have been set up in the State
- The small scale sector has already generated 47 lakh jobs and 23 lakh jobs will be created in the next 2 years. 70000 teachers will be recruited soon
- 41 multi super speciality hospitals are coming up in Bengal
- Tanti Sathi, a project for weavers, has been started
- The Government has started 731 days of child care leave for women employees of educational institutes, panchayats and municipalities
Didi waving at people
On organisational work
The Chairperson reiterated that she has no affinity for power and that she is here for people. She urged the party activists to strengthen the organization and to stand by the people.
She said that there is no place for self-centredness in Trinamool Congress and no place for syndicates, illegal mining in the party. “We are a party of the poor and want to stay like that,” she said.
Trinamool will be fighting alone and will win in the 2016 Vidhan Sabha elections, the Chairperson added. She urged all workers to start preparing for 2016 elections from now and asked the party activists to reach out to people.
Workers’ workshops will begin in every block after festive season, she informed.
“Trinamool Congress is like a joint family and we will continue to work for the people, she said. We are party of Maa Mati Manush, our grassroots workers are our strength, not our leaders,” she added before concluding her speech.
Thousands of people listen eagerly as Didi speaks