July 15, 2015
100th administrative meeting – A celebration of governance at Burdwan
West Bengal Chief Minister today conducted her 100th administrative review meeting at Sanskriti Lokmancha at Burdwan. The meeting, which was attended by officials of state government from CMO to BDO, also saw the presence of dignitaries from various walks of life.
WB CM conducted the whole meeting like a freewheeling chat with her officials. Inquiring about each sector, she took stock of various projects in the district. She reviewed the performance of different departments of the state government during the meeting.
WB CM said that by conducting these meetings, the government has been able to reach out to the grassroots. She said that the administration prepares a report card for the district ahead of such meetings. “We have developed an Administrative Calendar. We introduced Right to Public Services,” she added.
Citing that the government has spent Rs 76000 crore only for paying instalments for the debt incurred by previous government, WB CM said she was working for the people despite financial crunch.
Highlights of WB CM’s speech at the meeting:
- We have set up 5 new police commissionerates, 77 new police stations, 88 fast track courts.
- We have advanced by leaps and bounds in developing the districts directly.
- We have won Krishi Karman award for three years in a row. We have received several global recognition.
- Jangalmahal is smiling. There is peace in Darjeeling. Over 40 multi super speciality hospitals are coming up.
WB CM interacting with officials at Burdwan
- We have made beds and medicines at govt hospitals free at block/sub-divisional hospitals.
- There were only 6 SNCUs in Bengal. We have increased the number to 55. We set up 285 SNSUs.
- Over 22 lakh girls have been registered under Kanyashree scheme. 2 lakh girls will be registered on 14 August.
- There were only 30 colleges in Bengal till 2011.We set up 31 new colleges. 9 new medical colleges have been set up.
- We give monthly grants to folk artists. They perform at government functions. We are preserving our culture.
- 3 crore people in the State are receiving rice at Rs 2 per kg. Bengal is a model for the rest of the country.
- Our land use policy is transparent. We are against forcible acquisition. We have developed a land bank, land map. We have allotted 14000 acres of land from land bank for several industrial parks.
A packed auditorium during the administrative meeting
- We are happy that Bengal is being showcased as a model at various world forums. Our schemes like Kanyashree are being recognised by UN.
- We have heard of Look East Policy. But we need implementation. We are exploring the idea of a business corridor involving Bengal and neighbouring countries. We have proposal of Rs 2000 Cr for infrastructure development at Petropole border. It will boost Indo-Bangla trade. We have heard of dedicated freight corridor. We are now talking of dedicated business corridor.
- We are working towards mobile banking to extend the benefits of the direct benefit transfer.
- Burdwan district has achieved 100% coverage of mid-day meal scheme and building of toilets at girls’ schools. Bengal has achieved 99% coverage of toilets in girls’ schools. We will soon reach 100% mark. Three districts from Bengal are among the Top 4 performers in Cleanliness Mission.
The venue of the administrative review meeting
- We are setting “Patha Sathi” motels at an interval of 30 km on highways for the benefit of tourists.
- We are setting up 500 Karma Tirtha marketing hubs across the state. 271 are already in process.
- We will not tolerate illegal mining. District administration must ensure. Govt loses revenue due to illegal mining.
- Several dignitaries are present here today for the 100th Admin Meeting. We welcome them all.
- We are starting “Tanti Sathi” scheme under which we will provide weaving machinery to weavers.
- Loss of mandays due to strikes, bandhs has come down from 78 lakhs to zero in Bengal.
- An MSME facilitation centre is coming up in Burdwan.
- Law and order situation in Bengal is better than most other States. Any incident of violence is unwarranted.