May 28, 2015
WB CM inaugurates a bouquet of projects from Baruipur
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee chaired an administrative review meeting today for the South 24 Parganas district at Baruipur. She held the meeting at the newly constructed KMDA auditorium at Baruipur New Town. The meeting comprised of all the elected representatives and administrative officials.
Inauguration of healthcare projects
The Chief Minister inaugurated a number of projects from the programme through remote control. Among these are:
- Critical Care Units at Rampurhat District Hospital, Kanthi Sub-divisional Hospital, Durgapur Sub-divisional Hospital, Kolkata National Medical College & Hospital,
- Dialysis Unit at Suri District Hospital,
- Digital X-ray service at Kolkata National Medical College & Hospital, Tamluk District Hospital, NRS Medical College & Hospital, Kharagpur Sub-divisional Hospital, Bidyasagar State General Hospital, Kolkata and SN Pundit Hospital, Kolkata,
- Blood bank at Canning Sub-divisional Hospital,
- CITI Scan Unit at Uluberia Sub-divisional Hospital.
Inauguration of Santragachhi Bus Terminus
Apart from the healthcare projects, the Chief Minister inaugurated through remote control the Kolkata Central Bust Terminus at Santragachhi. This 12.38 acre bus terminus has the capacity of stationing 169 buses, 100 other vehicles, 85 two wheelers.
For the time being, this bus terminus will give the service of 71 CTC buses, 29 CSTC buses, 24 WBSTC buses and 35 private buses.
The bus terminus offers all modern facilities like passenger waiting room, three lavatories, ticket counter and information centre, canteen, shopping centre, passenger shed among many others.