September 30, 2015
Ten things Mamata Banerjee said at Cooperative Federalism Conclave
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee today attended a conclave on cooperative federalism, organised by the Government of Delhi led by Shri Arvind Kejriwal.
She appreciated the Delhi CM for the initiative and said that such a conclave of chief ministers on cooperative federalism may happen in Bengal in the future.
Here are 10 things that Mamata Banerjee said at Cooperative Federalism Conclave:
- Parallel governments are being run everywhere. I respect the Central government. I know my jurisdiction. They must also remember their jurisdiction. State government is also elected by people.
- The Centre is trying to fry fish in its own oil – Maacher tele machh bhaja (regarding devolution of funds to the State).
- Last year two people died in a bomb blast during Durga Puja in Bengal and the Centre sent NIA. Last month so many people died in Madhya Pradesh and there is no action; the Centre is hiding.
- We do not have a negative attitude. We will support the Central government in positive decisions. But no parallel government will be tolerated in the state. There must be a laxman rekha.
- During elections in India money flows like water in hose pipe. Hose pipe funding. We will request all political parties to sit together and discuss electoral reforms and state-funded polls.
- The Centre sends CBI to raid the house of a CM. What if a CM raids the PM’s house, what will become of our democracy?
- Achha baat kehne se aur swachhata ki baat karne se kuchh nahi hoga. Kaam karna padega.
- Only announcement of funds does not matter. We are not getting a single penny. I have personally come to Delhi many times in 4 years.
- Some ruling party leaders are instructing news editors to carry news against certain Opposition leaders and threatening to arrest them. This is not the spirit of federalism.
- We can have the next meeting on cooperative federalism in Bengal. All CMs are welcome.