October 25, 2019
Crime rate has reduced significantly in Bangla, NCRB data shows
The latest National Crimes Records Bureau (NCRB) report was published recently, tabulating data for crimes committed in 2017. Among the facts that stand out is the reduction in most types of crimes in Bangla.
The dip in crimes is in respect of various fields, some of which are given below (percentage change with respect to 2016):
* Murder and culpable homicides: -4.6%
* Kidnapping and abduction: -14.6% (national average is 7.7%)
* Robbery and dacoity: -26.2% (national average is -5%)
* Sexual assault: -8.8% (national average is 0%)
* Cruelty by husband/relatives: -13.7% (national average is -6.7%)
Besides these, human trafficking in the State has reduced by 10 times. Another thing to be proud of is the fact that various statistics prove that Kolkata is the safest city in the country, with the crime rate down by 31 per cent in four years.