July 9, 2011
Trinamool-led government completes 50 glorious days serving Ma, Mati, Manush
Kolkata, July 9: The Trinamool Congress led government completes 50-days in office on Saturday (July 9, 2011). Apparently 50-days is a small time to bring and introduce changes but West Bengal Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjee who strongly believes in the philosophy of ‘where there is a will, there is always a way’, has taken the initiative to introduce changes in order to make things transparent and people –friendly. The biggest challenge in front of Ms. Banerjee who registered a landslide victory in the West Bengal election was to prove herself in the eyes of the people who not only ushered in confidence in her leadership but regard her as a ‘messiah’ (savior). Needless to mention though, that Ms. Banerjee not only curved a ‘niche’ for herself as a Chief Minister but has acquired the place of ‘didi’ in the hearts of millions.
Ms. Banerjee after assuming office made it clear that people should be given due attention and respect as being a public figure it will be their foremost obligation to understand the problems and plights of the common man. She is the first Chief Minister in the history who has requested the security to abstain from elaborate security arrangements as it is a hindrance between her and people.
During these 50-days the Chief Minister who took many initiates like surprise visits to hospitals and government offices has made her stand loud and clear that none of the government agencies across the state found evading their duties will be spared and stern action will be initiated against those found guilty. Again on social and cultural she has come with many innovative ideas like playing Rabindra Sangeet at the traffic signals which will not only ease the stress of the commuters but at same time will bring the ‘nostalgia’ of the city for which Kolkata is known across the globe. CM meets ministers and officials to discuss beautification of Kolkata. There are many new programmes and policies in the pipeline. Ms. Banerjee has proved that her slogan of `Ma, Mati, Manush` is not a mere `rhetoric` but she firmly believes in the philosophy.
Major decision taken during 50-days…
• CM announces that 62 secondary schools in the state would be upgraded to Higher Secondary. State Higher Education Minister announces formation of 300 colleges and 10 universities across Bengal in the next five years. Cabinet decides to take in 46,000 teachers in Primary level.
• After series of surprise visits to State-run hospitals, Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjee meets Health Officials and opts for three tier strategies.
• West Bengal Annual Plan 2011-12 finalized after CM`s meeting with Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission. Annual Plan size is Rs 22,214 Crores, around 24% more than previous year.
• In order to facilitate rapid industrialization, Chief Minister meet around 230 industrialists at Industrialists' Meet in Kolkata. Trinamool-led Government decides to set up 17 industrial clusters to boost growth of small and medium scale industries.
• Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Bill signed by the Governor, the Bill is trasformed in to an Act.
• Trinamool-led government issues notification putting the Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Bill, 2011. Plans to set up 17 industrial clusters to boost growth of small and medium scale industries.
• Chief Minister Ms.Mamata Banerjee clears Joka-BBD Bag Metro hurdles. Chief Minister asks PWD Minister to prepare a Status Report on Heritage Building.
• Paschimanchal Unnayan Parishad of the Trinamool-led government announces one crore package towards agricultural development in Jangalmahal.
• Trinamool-led government takes decision to free 46 political prisoners, asks a committee of human right activists to hold talks with extremists.
• CM inaugurates new ticketing system in Metro and flags off various trains
AITMC NEWS BUREAU