June 20, 2011
Ma, Mati, Manush Government takes off with momentum, turns Bengal around in the first 30 days
`Morning shows the day`, said John Milton, and one can definitely have the same feeling watching Mamata Banerjee and her government in action.
Ma Mati Manush Government has completed 30 successful days serving the people of Bengal. These 30 days were not at all easy for Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee; rather they were really very eventful. In this small tenure in the office the Government tried to keep up the pre-poll promises made by AITMC and fulfill the needs of the people. From Day 1 onwards, Chief Minister inculcated a spirit of work-culture among the Government employees of the state. She sternly rejected the idea of taking tough measures to bring back the said work. According to her every employee would ultimately be convinced about work culture notwithstanding ideological and political differences. One of the most important highlights of this short tenure is the CM’s daily surprise visits to various Government offices which included state hospitals, fire brigade headquarters, health department and many more, which made real impact on their workings. During this period, the historic Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Bill passed in Assembly. A fresh air of hope came in the industrial sphere of the state when the CM met the industrialists from all over the country during an industrial meet and conveyed a clear message of industrial development on behalf of the Government; this too happened during this small period. On a nutshell the Bengal Government under the leadership of Mamata Banerjee tried to pinpoint and identify every single issue and problems prevailing in different sectors e.g. health, fire, disaster management, education etc. during these 30 eventful days. Some problems and issues were taken care off immediately with specific measures and for the rest work is in progress to find out the solution.
RECAP: MAY 20, 2011 – June 19, 2011
* Key decision taken to bring all the civic utilities under one roof. Joka & Sector V to be added to Kolkata Municipal Corporation Network.
* Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjee cleared Joka-BBD Bag Metro hurdles.
* Chief Minister asked PWD Minister to prepare a Status Report on Heritage Building.
*Surprise visit to SSKM Hospital. Chief Minister took a cue of the real picture of Health Administration.
* Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjee said her Government would re-open Sainbari and Kashipur Mass murder.
* Chief Minister announced that tribal people and those with yearly income upto Rs 42,000 in the Jangalmahal area are entitled to get rice at Rs 2.
* Chief Minister announced the start of a process to build embankments in Aila-affected parts of North and South 24-Parganas as well as flood-prone East and West Midnapore.
* Chief Minister instructed Food Minister Jyotipriya Mullick to assess the ground reality in Jangal Mahal area regarding how to deal with shortage of food.
* Chief Minister announces meeting with Gorkha Janamukti Morcha and WB government a success, breaking Darjeeling impasse.
* Her Cabinet decided to take in 46,000 teachers in Secondary level.
* The historic Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Bill was passed in Assembly.
* CM met around 230 industrialists at Industrialists' Meet at Alipore, Kolkata, formed committee on spot. This was welcomed by the business sector.
The momentum with which the Government has worked during its first 30 days in office after the historic change in the state is some thing never experienced before. The Government is to work in the same manner in days to come and serve the people of Bengal in a much better way.