April 25, 2012
Chief Minister in Jangalmahal, says development is the top-priority
“Development is my aim and peace is my dream. Your initiative has brought peace here and you have won the battle yourself. It has paved the way for development. Whatever you have asked from me, I have tried to deliver. I assure you that I will give my full cooperation. Only cowards take refuge in the gun. Extremism can’t be tolerated. Earlier, people used to say that we had links with the Maoists. But now it’s clear that it’s the Maoists who are providing shelter to the Netai killers”, West Bengal Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjee who said, “I wanted to come early but was compelled to wait as examinations were going on and we had restriction on using public address system. Also today is the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya”, said the Chief Minister who was speaking at a gathering in Lalgarh’s Ramkrishna Vidyapeeth grounds
She appealed to the people of Jangalmahal to maintain peace and harmony. It was at the same place at the same venue less than two years ago Chief Minister gave her message to the Maoists to give up terror and make way for peace in the region. It is this initiative that today many separatists in reply to her call have decided to join mainstream. “Some people believe only in murder, abduction and plunder. You have suffered enough in their hands. We will never let this happen again. We will not let Bengal witness bloodshed any more. Nor will we allow anybody to divide it”, said Ms. Mamata Banerjee who assured, “I know you all have raised your voices against the odds and I am proud of you. I will try to do whatever possible in spheres of employment, sports, infrastructure and education.
Ms. Mamata Banerjee adding the special touch paused to greet Janata Adak, the daughter of Dipali who was killed in Netai firing, “Last time I had instructed the authority to develop the road, I would like to know what is the status of the roads in your area and the progress of the work”, asked the concerned Didi who immediately instructed the Block Development Officer (BDO) to carry on the development work. However, she greeted all on the occasion of Akshaha Tritiya, “May happiness and prosperity shower on all of you, I want you all be safe. I wish peace and harmony in Jamgalmahal and Hills”.
Some of the projects the Chief Minister announced on this occasion:
· Mother-child-health-care units at Chandrakona, Binpur, Kespur, Shobor, Tepa, Belda. Two more to be set up at Garbeta and Topsia.
· Trauma centre at Kharagpur hospital.
· Upgrading of 13-primary health-centre.
· A nursing training centre in Kharagpur and Lalgarh.
· Upgrading 44-sub-centre.
· A medical college in Purulia.
· A medical college in Kharagpur with the help of railways and state government.
· A railway reservation centre at Gowaltor.
· A manufacturing industry on 1000-acres of land as the region can be developed into an industrial belt.
· Industry Park in Salboni.
· Development of roads and civic amenities.
· 90,000 Kisan-Credit-Cards to farmers.
· Bicycles to nearly 18,000 people out of a proposed target of 22,000.(Approximate).
· Nijo Bhumi Nijo Griho scheme. Also government under a new scheme will give away three-kathas of land which can be utilized to build a house, a shop or for business purpose.