April 26, 2019
Won’t allow Asansol to become ‘Dangastan’: Mamata Banerjee in Asansol
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting in Asansol. She asked the people to vote out the BJP as the Trinamool will never allow Asansol to become a ‘Dangastan’ (place of riots).
Highlights of her speech:
- We will not allow Asansol to become ‘Dangastan’ (place of riots). People of all religions, castes, creeds and communities live here in peace
- The local MP from here did no work other than instigating trouble in many places, just like his leader
- We have made Asansol a separate district, fulfilling a long-standing demand of the people
- There has been a lot of developmental work, in all sectors here. We have undertaken drinking water supply projects in this region
- Everybody performs puja. But puja does not mean indulging in riots
- We have an age-old saying in this country that everybody must live together. But the BJP comes in suddenly and starts preaching hate and instigates riots
- Real Hinduism teaches tolerance. People of all religions must live together in peace
- BJP couldn’t govern the country even for five years and they are trying to preach Hinduism.
- Modi roamed around the world for four-and-a-half years. He promised to deposit Rs 15 lakh in every bank account. Instead, he looted people’s money during demonetisation
- People lost jobs, 12,000 farmers committed suicide during his tenure. Therefore reject him in return
- The BJP will fare badly in other States, including Bangla; therefore how will they form the government?
- He has increased prices of essential items while the value of people’s lives has decreased
- I have struggled all my life for the sake of the people. I am not afraid, Modi ji. I won’t let you divide the country, divide families, divide people on the basis of religions.