April 27, 2019
BJP has failed to fulfill its promises: Mamata Banerjee at Panchla
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Panchla in Howrah district. She said that the BJP and Modi babu had made several promises in 2014 but had fulfilled nothing. She added that the BJP leaders were again making promises. She warned the people not to fall for their trap this time.
Highlights of her speech:
- What has the central government led by the BJP done in the last five years? Modi babu promised so many things, from achhe din to Rs 15 lakh in everyone’s accounts to job creation. All have turned out to be lies. He has given false hopes. He is doing it again to get your votes.
- On the other hand, the BJP govt is out to curtail your freedoms, they have captured national institutions and now they are out to change the Constitution. The things their leader Modi Babu is doing are very scary. Without democracy, all freedoms will be curtailed.
- Trinamool is the only party that gave 40% seats to the women candidates – the highest among all parties. That too, without the Women’s Reservation Bill
- For 34 years, the Left did nothing for Bangla. In the last seven and a half years, development has taken place in every sphere – be it health, education, opportunities for the marginalised and most of all for girls and young women.
- We have a scheme for every phase of life from birth to death
- They (BJP) come to Bangla only during elections. They have been unable to do anything. They say they are Hindus. But they have failed to construct even the Ram temple. They just wield swords and maces and scare people and create trouble.
- And they say we don’t allow any Puja here. They only spread falsehood. Their policies – like demonetisation and NRC – have done immense harm to the people. If they come back, they will continue to do this. Please be careful.
- They are trying to divide the people on communal lines. They are intolerant. They want to impose things on the people.
- Have you seen people from one state being driven out of another because they don’t belong there? This is happening now, and they are encouraging it. We do not follow such practices. An Indian is an Indian and he is welcome here to live and work.