April 27, 2019
Modi is jealous of the success of Bangla: Mamata Banerjee at Joypur
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Mamata Banerjee addressed a public meeting at Joypur (Uluberia Lok Sabha constituency) in Howrah district today.
She accused the BJP of spreading lies to divide the people. She added that Modi and the BJP are jealous of the success of Bangla, and the peace reigning here.
Highlights of her speech:
- Modi and his party are jealous of the success and peace in Bangla.
- The youth of Howrah have always been by the side of Trinamool Congress. A lot of developmental work has been done in the district.
- Flooding is a big issue here. Despite our requests, the DVC (which is under the Centre) releases water without considering people’s problems.
- 2.5 lakh ponds have been dug under the Jal Dharo Jal Bharo Scheme here. As a result, some of the water from floods gets collected in these ponds.
- This election is a national election – and we have to fight to oust the wicked and useless government at the Centre.
- Five years back he pretended to be a chaiwallah. That was all drama. And now he claims to be chowkidar. This is a new drama.
- Modi promised to create 10 crore jobs in 5 years, instead two crore jobs were lost. More than 12,000 farmers have committed suicide. There have been many incidents of atrocities against the minorities, backward communities and tribals.
- Through NRC, Modi has deleted the names of 22 lakh Bengali Hindus in Assam from the list of citizens. And he wants to do the same here. Is this the kind of concern he has for Hindus?
- We are a very strong party. We don’t fear the BJP, which has destroyed the country and its institutions, and changing the narrative of its history.
- They are only full of bad language and vindictive attitude.
- The Prime Minister never came here during floods, and now he is coming here every other day because elections are at hand.
- He is lying here that I don’t allow Durga Puja. All festivals are celebrated in Bangla
- We have to defeat him democratically, through the power of votes.
- Modi Babu, insult me as much as you wish. But the more you do it, the stronger I’ll become, the stronger the people here will become.
- The land of Bangla is the land of unity in diversity, of revolutionaries, of writers and poets, of people’s wishes coming true. We will never concede an inch of land to the BJP.