April 22, 2019
Unlike Modi, we fulfill all the promises we make: Mamata Banerjee at Purbasthali
Trinamool Chairperson Mamata Banerjee addressed a public meeting at Purbasthali in Purba Bardhaman district.
Highlights of her speech:
- This region was hit by a storm yesterday. We are with those who were affected. Our govt will allocate at least Rs 300 crore for relief and rehabilitation. You have nothing to worry about.
- Bardhaman is the rice bowl of the state. We have undertaken a big project for irrigation
- A major road project, connecting north and south Bengal, has been started.
- A bridge is coming up that will connect Kalna and Shantipur and will improve connectivity.
- Several ITIs and polytechnic colleges have been set up in this district. After training, the youth are also getting employment opportunities.
- More than 60 lakh SC/ST students have received scholarships. Kanyashree scheme has been extended to universities now. More than 70 lakh girls have been empowered
- We have waived the khajna tax and mutation fees on agricultural land. Our government bears the full cost of the crop insurance scheme for farmers.
- Swasthya Sathi smart cards will be issued in the name of women, recognising them as the guardian of the family. 7.5 crore people will be entitled to this health insurance scheme
- This is not an election to decide who will form the government in Bengal. This is an election for the government at Centre
- Earlier, they used to wear half pants and run around. Now they have turned their party office into a shopping mall, with loads of money in their coffers
- What is happening in the country? Dalits and minorities are being persecuted. More than 12,000 farmers have committed suicide.
- Notebandi has also been a major cause of distress. It has destroyed families, industries and created chaos. Now you have an opportunity to remove this govt that has caused so much distress.
- We fulfill the promises we make, unlike Modi Babu who is full of lies. What has he done in the last five years? He has looted people and toured the world over, while people plunged into poverty and distress.
- Put an end to the BJP misrule. The CPM harmads have crossed over to their side and are creating trouble in the state.
- Maa Durga has weapons in her hand, but they do not look good in the hands of humans. The BJP goons are roaming the streets with swords and maces
- They are moving around with loads of money and trying to buy votes. Don’t fall into their trap.
- Let every vote you cast be a tight slap for Modi and BJP
- He only makes tall promises. He intimidates everyone, including leaders of his own party. But I am not afraid. I have struggled against the CPI(M) and I have been beaten up many times.
- Trinamool and other regional parties will form the next government at Centre.
- We are also Hindus. But we have never been taught to hate other religions. We can never indulge in politics of discrimination
- They want to drive people away in the name of NRC. We will not allow this. In the name of Citizenship Amendment Bill, they want to take your citizenship away. Do not allow their conspiracies to become successful
- Trinamool MPs have had a good performance in Parliament in the last five years