January 5, 2016
WB CM inaugurates Jangalmahal Utsav
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee today inaugurated the second edition of the Jangalmahal Utsav from the Medinipur College Ground, Paschim Medinipur. The Chief Minister also distributed prizes for the Jangalmahal Cup today.
The West Bengal Chief Minister also inaugurated the 300-bedded Onda Super Specialty Hospital and Chhatna Super Specialty Hospital today from the same venue. She also inaugurated the Critical Care Units of Medinipur Medical College & Hospital and Jhargram Zilla Hospital, as well as the SNCU of the Bishnupur Zilla Hospital.
The foundation stone of the new multi-storied building of the West Bengal Health University also be laid by the Chief Minister through remote control.
The Jangalmahal Cup was held in the four districts of Paschim Medinipur, Bankura, Purulia and Birbhum with competitions held in sports like football, Kabaddi and archery.
The Jangalmahal Utsav, to be held from January 5 – 9, 2016, will focus on tribal music, folk songs from Bengal and also showcase the handicrafts from Jangal Mahal.
Highlights of her speech:
- I love coming to Jangalmahal to see your smiling faces. There is a lot of talent & art in this region.
- There were more than 42,000 participants this year in the Jangalmahal Cup. Similar sports programs are held in Sunderban as well.
- I request all the participants to register in the Employment Bank.
- There are 31 lakh Kanyashrees & around 40 lakh cycles being given under Sabuj Sathi.
- This year alone we paid Rs 28,000 cr for the debts taken by previous Govt. In 4 years we paid over Rs 1 lakh cr.
- 6 Multi Super Hospitals are ready in Medinipur district alone. There will be no need to run to Kolkata with sick patients.
- Multi Super Speciality Hospitals are being set up in Salboni, Debra, Ghatal and Gopiballavpur also besides Onda and Chatna 2 today.
- 108 Fair Price Medical Shops are operational across the state to provide medicines at cheaper rates to the common people.
- 9 medical colleges have been set up besides a number of ‘Mother and Child Hubs’ across the State.
- Critical Care Unit at Medinipur Medical College Hospital & Jhargram Hospital have been set up.
- We are providing hospital beds free of cost and free treatment for the people of this state.
- Funds have been given for Medinipur Aurobindo Stadium, land identified and fund allotted for Kharagpur Stadium.
- 500 Karma Tirthas set up, 7.7 cr people have been brought under the Food Security Scheme. Rice & wheat is being given at Rs 2 per kg.
- Development of the Kendu leaf collectors have been taken up & insurance programs have been taken up for them to ensure security.
- We are aiming to include 35 lakh girls under Kanyashree and 16 lakh students under Shikshashree.
- This area has immense tourist potentials like Mukutmanipur, Ayodhya Hills & Jhargram Rajbari which have been developed.
- 58,000 artists will get a pension of Rs 1000 as well as opportunities in Govt programs.
- We have set up ITI’s in Salboni, Lalgarh, Jhargram, Keshwari, Ghatal, Garbeta & other places in Jangalmahal.
- Polytechnic colleges have been already set up at Medinipur and Ghatal.
- The State Government is giving out Rs 20 Lakh as loan for higher education.
- 59,000 students belonging to minority communities have got chance to pursue higher education.
- We have given Rs 1.24 crores as scholarship to students.
- 70 new police stations, 8 coastal police stations, 19 human rights courts, 45 women police stations, 88 fast track courts set up.
- The Bengal Global Business Summit will be held, Bengal will move ahead.