May 12, 2012
Chief Minister`s guidelines to party leaders to improve images
West Bengal Chief Minister Ms. Mamata Banerjee asked her party leaders to abide by certain ‘guidelines’. Speaking on the occasion Ms. Banerjee requested the party leaders to work closely with the masses and always remember that Maa, Mati, Manush should be given top priority. Reiterating her stand she said, “If an MLA says reluctance to work for people, or for that matter any MP or councillor says the same, then I would like to make it clear that there is no place for them in the party. We should not forget that people are our resource. You have to work for them. You have to take them into confidence. Do this and leave the rest to me and my government. When people said CPM can’t be ousted from power, we took it as a political challenge. People believed in us and therefore we are here. Never belittle elections”.
While encouraging the party leaders for the good work, she maintained, “Political leaders should not intervene in everything and abstain from visiting schools, colleges, police stations, block development offices etc. I want you to understand and analyse every situation and if need then talk among the party and act accordingly. You are political people and have intelligence, so use it and do whatever is the best in the interests of the party. However, in a clear message to the party leaders she said, “I want to make it clear that the party cannot afford to get a bad name for the one or two individuals. I will not let that happen and will not tolerate this in the party”.
Some of the guidelines:
- Follow the masses and work with them. Never disappoint them and always remember that Maa, Mati, Manush is above everything.
- If required talk to people in the party and discuss before taking decision and always think from the party’s interest point of view.
- Political leaders should not intervene in everything and abstain from visiting schools, colleges, police stations, block development offices etc.
- Stop indiscriminate use of party letterheads.
- Don’t misuse your power, stop and abide by the traffic rules. Stop at red signals, when I can follow the same why can’t you.
- In case of any problem, contact senior party leaders like Mr. Saugata Roy, Mr. Firhad (Bobby) Hakim, Mr. Madan Mitra, Mr. Purnendu Bose or Mr. Malay Ghatak. They will convey the message to me.
- Please don’t harass masses in any circumstances, I will not tolerate.