Revenue increased during Trinamool Congress rule: West Bengal Finance Commission

The Fourth State Finance Commission submitted its report to the West Bengal Government yesterday. West Bengal Chief Minister Ms Mamata Banerjee received the commission’s report from its chairman.

The report highlighted the fact that the revenue earned during the Trinamool Congress tenure has increased to 2.2%, compared to 1.7% during the Left Front rule.

40% of the total revenue earned came from urban areas and the rest 60% from rural areas.

The commission has suggested enhancing the fund at panchayat samiti and zilla parishad levels to maintain a balance between the three (the other being gram panchayat) so that the State can reach the commission-suggested revenue target of 2.5% and undertake more development projects.

The State Finance Commission has further suggested the State Government to strengthen its Tax Valuation Board and train personnel to boost the State’s earning.

The Fourth State Finance Commission was constituted by the West Bengal Government on April 30, 2013.


তৃণমূল কংগ্রেসের আমলে রাজস্ব করের পরিমাণ বৃদ্ধি পেয়েছে

গতকাল চতুর্থ অর্থ কমিশনের রিপোর্ট জমা পড়েছে রাজ্য সরকারের কাছে। কমিশনের চেয়ারম্যান এই রিপোর্ট জমা করেছেন পশ্চিমবঙ্গের মাননীয়া মুখ্যমন্ত্রী শ্রীমতী মমতা বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়।

রিপোর্টে উল্লেখ্য যে তৃণমূল সরকার আসার পর কর আদায়ের পরিমাণ বেড়ে বর্তমানে হয়েছে ২.২ শতাংশ, পূর্বতন সরকার বামফ্রন্টের আমলে এই পরিমাণ ছিল ১.৭ শতাংশ।

মোট রাজস্ব আদায়ের ৪০ শতাংশ শহরাঞ্চল থেকে এবং বাকি ৬০ শতাংশ গ্রামাঞ্চল থেকে এসেছে।

রিপোর্ট পেশ করার পাশাপাশি কমিশন মুখ্যমন্ত্রীর কাছে বেশ কিছু সুপারিশ করেছে যেমন পঞ্চায়েত ও পুরসভা থেকে রাজ্য সরকার কর আদায়ের পরিমাণ ২.৫ শতাংশ বৃদ্ধি করতে চায়।

কর আদায়ের পরিমাণ ২৫ শতাংশ করার জন্য রাজ্যের মূল্য নির্ধারক পর্ষদকে আরও সক্রিয় করার পরামরশ দিয়েছে চতুর্থ অর্থ কমিশনের সদস্যরা।

চতুর্থ রাজ্য অর্থ কমিশন গঠন করা হয় ২০১৩ সালের ৩০শে এপ্রিল।

WB Govt constitutes sixth pay commission

The state government has constituted the sixth pay commission on Friday for state government employees and certain other categories of employees.

Abhirup Sarkar, professor of Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) is the chairman of the eight-member sixth pay commission. It has been learnt that the commission will submit its report within six months.

The commission will examine the existing promotion policies and related issues and provide suggestion for suitable changes. The commission will also examine special allowance and other allowances, concessions including travelling allowance and other benefits which are available to the employees in addition to the pay and suggest change.

The commission will devise its own procedures and may appoint such advisors, institutional consultants and experts as it may consider necessary for any particular purpose in consultation with the state government.

The commission may call for such information and take such evidence as may be considered necessary. The different departments of the state government and offices sub-ordinate to them will furnish such information, documents and other assistance.

The commission will submit their recommendations as expeditiously as practicable but preferably within a period of six months from the date of order notifying the constitution of the commission.