April 23, 2019
There will now be poriborton in Delhi too: Mamata Banerjee at Khanakul
Trinamool Congress Chairperson Mamata Banerjee today addressed a public meeting at Khanakul in Hooghly district. She once again reiterated that the death knell of the BJP has rung and hence the time for poriborton has come in Delhi too.
Highlights of her speech:
- Many areas in this region are flooded during the monsoons when the DVC releases water. We have created the Arambagh Master Plan to prevent floods. The DVC is not in our hands as it is a Central organisation, so in spite of our telling them to release water slowly, they don’t listen to us.
- We have taken up another project to control flooding and improve irrigation – Lower Damodar Basin Project
- A new road project to connect south and north Bengal is also under progress
- This is an election for the Lok Sabha election, to decide the next government at Centre
- Elections being held for a period of two months. Modi Babu and his people are going around in luxury and we are all suffering (in the heat)
- From pensions to payments under 100 Days’ Work, all governmental work, developmental work is suffering
- After winning the Lok Sabha election last time, Modi babu was touring foreign countries for four and a half years
- They are scared to go to many places now but are turning up in Bengal like seasonal birds. Do they come here during natural disasters? Never
- They have killed Gandhi Ji, and they don’t care about Netaji, Tagore, Babasaheb Ambedkar. They have destroyed the Constitution and undermined many institutions
- Now they are only intimidating people through ED and the CBI, but they won’t be able to scare Bangla
- This is the first prime minister who people are so scared of. Now mothers are putting their children to sleep singing lullabies about the scary Modi
- The death knell of Modi Government has been sounded. It’s time for them to go. There will now be poriborton in Delhi too
- He promised to create 10 crore jobs in five years. Instead, two crore people lost their jobs in 2017-18
- Modi announced demonetisation, for controlling black money and stopping terrorism, but on the other hand terrorism has increased by 260%
- Modi suddenly demonetised money – all money – by force. Now extinguish his power buy voting him out. You have the power.
- They suddenly imposed the NRC – affecting 22 lakh Assamese Bengalis
- These saffonites are fake – they are not true Hindus and don’t belong to any religion either
- They don’t know about the culture of Bangla We follow Shri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda, Maa Sarada
- We perform Durga Puja, Lakshmi Puja as well as celebrate Eid, Christmas and other festivals. They are telling people to do “goda puja” (mace worship)
- The BJP is a “goda party”, “tarowal party” (sword) – going around doing mischiefs in mosques. There some shorts-wearing people who are going around creating trouble. Beware of them
- They are telling lies that I don’t permit Durga Puja and Saraswati Puja in Bangla.
- The ‘terrible twins’ who are going around spreading lies about me should have their mouth shut with Leucoplast.
- We have never seen such a shamelessly lying Prime Minister
- The mutation fees and khajna tax on agricultural land have been waived off for farmers
- We provide Rs 5,000 per acre of land annually under Krishak Bandhu scheme. We also bear the full premium of crop insurance.
- We have launched Swasthya Sathi smart cards. They will be issued in the name of women, because they are ones who run the family. More than 7.5 crore people will be entitled to the benefits
- Students of all castes are studying in schools – many are getting scholarships too
- We are giving training in ITIs and jobs thereafter. The Utkarsh Bangla Scheme has won a UN award.
- I follow humanism. I too am a Hindu but my elders never taught me to hate other religions.
- For NRC, they are asking for documents – like the pre-1951 birth certificate of your mother. How many people can furnish these documents?
- Through Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, they are trying to take away your citizenship rights and turn you into foreigners. Only after six years would you be re-considered. But why? You are already a citizen, then why do you need to provide proof of that again?
- I had visited the Tripureswari Temple once. Even at other places, wherever I have gone to worship, when the priests ask me about my gotra, I say my gotra is Maa-Mati-Manush gotra.